Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: CNN: "The biggest terror threat in this country is white men"

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I think the purpose of terrorism is to instill fear in a population you despise or are trying to oppress--like the KKK and their lynchings. Politics can be part of that, or not.
    I think that's a really good point, Jane. I think some groups function using social media as a kind of domestic terrorism against women; maybe incel is doing that? It is not political, it is more basic than that, just as Hitler was not "politics." Apartheid is not "politics."

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I always thought of terrorism as violence with the purpose of frightening people into compliance with a political agenda.
    I think that Incels, who seem to have a largely collective ideology, attacking women could be considered terrorism. Perhaps they are attacking women to instill fear in other women in an effort to stop these women from being what Incels call "Staceys."
    It is really messed up.
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

So by that measure, would criminal gangs committing acts of violence to discourage informants or territorial interlopers be considered terrorists?
    I could probably get behind this expansion of the definition. They certainly terrorize neighborhoods.
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I think that Incels, who seem to have a largely collective ideology, attacking women could be considered terrorism. Perhaps they are attacking women to instill fear in other women in an effort to stop these women from being what Incels call "Staceys."
    It is really messed up.
    Its hard for me to envision any campaign of violence that would serve to intimidate women into altering their sexual standards.

If it talks crazy and acts crazy, its a pretty safe assumption that its crazy.

People seem to be jumping through all kinds of hoops to put the palest possible face on terrorism.

It’s hard for me to envision any campaign of violence that would serve to intimidate women into altering their sexual standards.
    It is hard for me to envision many nations basing their laws on the idea that god spoke through an illiterate guy in the Middle East named Mohamed thousands of years ago and that many of these nations would sponsor violent acts and those that perpetrate them. It is also hard for me to believe that the perps of these acts of violence would believe that their god would reward them for killing themselves and others with 72 virgins. And all this is based on a book that can only truly be read in one language and that repeats itself into oblivion and suggests making people from other religions drink boiling water. But... it happened and it continues to happen. So an Incel ideology of terrorism against "Staceys" and "Chads" does not seem that hard to believe.

[/QUOTE]

People seem to be jumping through all kinds of hoops to put the palest possible face on terrorism.
    That is how it seems. But did you see my numbers game question above? And I pointed out that two of the 3 Incel attackers were non-white.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Don Lemon of CNN said: "The biggest terror threat in this country is white men"

Link: https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...t-to-americans

It is annoying things like this that make me vote libertarian instead of Democrat.
    It's going to snow a foot in Phoenix and stick! Seriously, the day has come where I completely agree with you and something you have posted. This is going too far and this is a turn-off in the Democratic Party for yours truly even as a gay man - why I stay with the Dems is that they are the party that has saved lives by expanding Medicaid for the working poor - a demographic that I personally am no longer part of but one that means a great deal to me and one that I can not and will not turn my back on. So I'm a Dem for the long haul until such a day as that I no longer live in the US. But this IS off-putting about the Democratic party, with this I could not agree more. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    So I'm a Dem for the long haul until such a day as that I no longer live in the US.
    You seem to be saying that in your case being a Democrat is the next best thing to not being an American at all.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    You seem to be saying that in your case being a Democrat is the next best thing to not being an American at all.
    LDAHL.....I'm impressed. Stark naked honesty at this level has always impressed me. You are likely right here. I really don't fit into America and as you know by now having read my posts to some degree over time, the Democratic Party is a much better match for me than the GOP while I am here. Right you are. Rob

I dont think it will catch on as a campaign slogan.