Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CNN: "The biggest terror threat in this country is white men"

This should be obvious: I am against white supremacy. It is a horrible idea.

And I think that overcoming white supremacist ideas is a multi-ethnic enterprise. We get there by judging people by their actions and "by the content of their character."

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    You know, that is the same phrase that white supremacists say when they claim that black men are the most violent people in the US.

You use their same rationale, but on a different racial demographic. How does that make you feel to have that in common with white supremacists?
    Wow, I get to know people and their character individually. I do not based hiring decisions on race or gender or other factors. I do not spread stories based on the statistics to get more people to be scared of a certain type of people. And I practice caution all the time as a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    But in general if was walking down a dark alley or alone in a situation I would be most concerned of a white male.
    Prejudice much?

Remember: There are women, women like you, who think this when they see your son.

Wow, I get to know people and their character individually. I do not based hiring decisions on race or gender or other factors. I do not spread stories based on the statistics to get more people to be scared of a certain type of people. And I practice caution all the time as a woman.
    Time to go back and read your previous statements.

Prejudice much?

Remember: There are women, women like you, who think this when they see your son.
    Yes they do. Not only is he a white male he has long dreadlocks and his friends are not white. My brother is a very big guy, I explained to him back in high school that it would be better if he was aware of this around girls who may be nervous around him. My kids all 'dressed themselves' in various ways and we talked about how they would be perceived. We also talked about as many times as they got pulled over that it was nowhere near driving while black. I had my own style back in the day, I was accused of cheating and followed in stores.

The thing I could not change was being female, and with that I was treated a certain way without people getting to know me all the time. I just heard all the comments, just touched when I didn't want it, etc. Why is it so different to be at risk of being accused of something as compared to being at risk of being harassed?

Wow, I get to know people and their character individually. I do not based hiring decisions on race or gender or other factors. I do not spread stories based on the statistics to get more people to be scared of a certain type of people.
    (Can you imagine being this self-unaware...?)

Timothy McVeigh, the Olympic Park Bomber, the Tree of Life Synagogue shooter, and countless other examples prove the truth of this. I can't believe it's a controversial statement, when all one has to do is look at the history of terrorism in this country.

Honestly I am not sure I get this, supremicists of any kind are doing a lot more than choosing based on one trait. I am not going to do the 'but I have a white male friend' crap,

I will leave your threads in peace now.

To paraphrase FDR, the biggest terror threat in this country is.. fear itself: fear of "the other" whomever that "other" may be.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Are you this combative and insulting to women in real life?

Thread Information