Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CNN: "The biggest terror threat in this country is white men"

I wonder what Mr. Lemon has in mind when he says “we have to start doing something about them”?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I wonder what Mr. Lemon has in mind when he says “we have to start doing something about them”?
    We could start by not encouraging them in their impotent hatred--by getting rid of our confessed "(white) nationalist" president and the neo-Nazis (Bannon, Gorka, Miller, Spencer) he has given tacit approval and a platform.

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    Are you this combative and insulting to women in real life?
    Moderator, please step in.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    He is married to a white man.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    But in general if was walking down a dark alley or alone in a situation I would be most concerned of a white male.
    How do you feel about someone who would say something like this?

"In general, if I am getting onto a plane I would be most concerned about the Muslims. There are stats showing that most hijackings and attempted hijackings in the past 20 years in the US were committed by Muslims."

I can tell you how I would feel and what I would say to such a person. This:
    "The vast, vast majority of Muslims are fine. Numerically, you have almost nothing to worry about. And we have solid security procedures that screen everyone too."

Wow UL, starts a argument and then cries for mom! Maybe look inward on why you have been acting this way lately. You used to be like this but then got nicer. Now your relationship failed and you are mean again.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Wow UL, starts a argument and then cries for mom! Maybe look inward on why you have been acting this way lately. You used to be like this but then got nicer. Now your relationship failed and you are mean again.
    I wanted the moderator to step in because herbgeek asked if I was "combative" to women. I oppose violence against women. When I hear combat, I think of violence. That is the only reason I suggested the moderator step-in and caution this person.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    We could start by not encouraging them in their impotent hatred--by getting rid of our confessed "(white) nationalist" president and the neo-Nazis (Bannon, Gorka, Miller, Spencer) he has given tacit approval and a platform.
    Two things boggle my mind here:
    1. It is as though you don't think that there are any other type of nationalists except white nationalists. There are. I think nationalism is a bad philosophy. I think white nationalism is a particularly bad form of nationalism.
    2. Is Trump responsible for the dumb chit that other grown adults say? I don't think he is. Bannon and that total nutjob Spencer have their own crazy minds. They think up stuff and say it on their own accord. Is Nancy Pelosi responsible for the stuff you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Maybe look inward on why you have been acting this way lately. You used to be like this but then got nicer. Now your relationship failed and you are mean again.
    We are debating and arguing on an internet forum. That is kinda what happens here. We argue. We debate. At the end of the day it is pretty darned insignificant in my mind.

I would encourage you and others not to take this all too seriously either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    We are debating and arguing on an internet forum. That is kinda what happens here. We argue. We debate.
    Really? There are plenty of threads on this Forum where perceptions are shared without needling and arguing. I observe you doing the "everybody, look at ME! No? then I'll pick a fight and you'll have to pay attention to me" thing again. Many of us were appreciating the more thoughtful Ultralight. Where did he go? Please send him back.

Thread Information