Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The new 8 week plan

So, dh is home, but we are not doing yoga because he injured his hand. I swam 2500 meters last night. I am swimming farther because it helps with the stress around d❤️Gs, whom I will not be tutoring for the foreseeable future.

my Pottery class got cancelled yesterday because my teacher hurt her back. I went over to d❤️D’s house, took out her trash, and washed some of her dishes (I have a key) her dishwasher is broken and it was something small I could do to lower her stress. I didn’t have time to get to the pots and pans though.

i have one more thanksgiving decoration to put away. I am still doing lesson plans at the last minute. Actually looking forward to the weekend this week, so today’s might not be very good. (Too much assessment related stuff I think.) I am usually excited about my day on teaching days.

Yppej
    All birthdays are celebrated except mine. I will monitor the weather to see if I can go on a short trip. The holiday party was last night but I left early to avoid freezing rain. Last minute rooms were $400.00 a night, pure scalping.

Holy cow Yppej!

My schedule is still shifting around because of the whole custody/school thing. I’ve pretty much been focused on my heartfamily. My eating hasn’t been great, but I have lost some weight mostly from the stress.

The thanksgiving decorations are put away and dh and I are going to get the Christmas tree this morning.

i have some extra cleaning up and organizing to do because I pulled everything off a shelf to take the shelf to d❤️Dd’s house to help organize there.

Yppej
    All Christmas gifts are purchased now. I am checking long range forecasts for a possible birthday trip.

I am sick. I can’t go to school. I hate it!
    i am going to call in to my last class of the day to lead a discussion.
    this was supposed to be a really fun week and I am missing everything - my classes, the party I wanted to go to tonight, baking (can’t bake for other people when you are sick) can’t even exercise - my head is stuffed up. wah, wah, wah.

the only good part is that nothing tastes good, so my weight is actually drifting down. Totally not worth it.

i am mostly cleaned up and decorated, but I may or may not get to do the last minute shopping dh and I had planned for tomorrow. I can wrap though - that is my afternoon - wash hands and wrap, lather rinse, repeat.

That’s terrible! Last year I got the flu really bad and spent 3 weeks in bed. I hope you are well quickly.

Yppej
    Hope you are better soon.

Yppej
    The government shutdown is impacting my desired trip to a national park. I am thinking of a Plan B.

Oh dear Yppej, I hope things work out for you.

So, I am, done (?)
    it has not been quite 8 weeks, but I made it through solstice. Being sick at the end of the year threw a huge wrench into things, but I got to enjoy a wonderful New Year/Christmas party with chosen family yesterday (at my house, everyone came knowing I was sick, and I just kept some distance and three of the “girls” took care of the cooking) of course, I am now completely exhausted.

how It went

Work:
    keep up with my classes and students, ideally getting a little ahead on lesson planning. - kept up, did not get ahead
    continue working on resolution of project I am pushing, but recognize that I do not have ultimate decision making control and therefor cannot make my desired outcome my goal. Only “do my best” - this May be dead due the politics and egos, I have stopped putting energy into it.

home:
    clean and organize main living areas before winter holidays - came really close
    plant fall bulbs asap (it is still warm enough) - planted some.
    get the barn in better shape for winter - barn is horrible

Health and fitness:
    continue yoga 3x a week except when travelling - I thought doing yoga with dh would make me more likely to do it, but it turns out relying on dh makes it less likely. Still did ok.
    swim twice a week on school weeks (6 of the 8 weeks) - almost made it, but I got sick
    make healthy food choices and not gain back the 3 lbs I have lost. - lost even more weight from being sick, currently struggling to eat anything. (I’m not sick to my stomach, but everything tastes bad, I have no appetite, and I ate so little for so many days that now my stomach hurts when I eat.)

pottery
    complete current class - done
    have a successful fall sale - this hinges on really focusing the next two weeks in production and planning. - sale was good.
    make work to use a credit I have for a particular type of firing before it expires (at the end of the 8 weeks)- let this go.

Personal
    decorate and bake for holidays at a reasonable level that I can enjoy, focusing on areas people care about:
    pies for thanksgiving - done
    fudge for the solstice/Christmas celebration with friends - daughter made fudge
    more pie and some breakfast cakes for christmas - nobody wants me cooking
    cutting and decorating a big tree - done and really enjoyed.
    shopping for or making and wrapping a reasonable number of gifts for the kids and hopefully finding one cool thing for dh. - doneexcept the wrapping
    shopping for angel tree kids - skipped it and used the toy drop barrel this year
    remember to relax and enjoy time off with family and friends - my focus for the next 8 days.

i have three dates with dh and a party scheduled. - enjoyed all
    i am going to cut back on the foodbank (going Monday but making no further promises - they get lots of help this time of year and I know I can’t go on the 12th because I have to drive dh to a medical procedure and I will be exhausted on the 19th.) - leaving the food bank for now.

i will replan in 2019.

Y, sorry that your plans are not working out. I hope you find something else fun to do. We have plans on the 24,25 and 27th so looking forward to it.

Thread Information