Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The new 8 week plan

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Yppej, that sounds like a good start.

way to go on the walking! And the shopping.

you are doing the best you can with the things that are not in your control.

i am still doing “just in time” planning for my classes. But i bought some materials that should help with one of them. My project is in the hands of other people right now.

my home and barn are a mess. I did not get the bulbs planted and now it is too late. They will have to wait for spring.

exercise is going well, food choices are variable. I regained the fasting weight, but am still down the original 3 pounds.

i fired my kiln yesterday and am glazing work this weekend for my sale.

I found a gift idea for dil yesterday.

dh and I went out last night and had fun, but I am tired. Sleep is losing out lately, and I need to work on it, because I know it affects everything else. My biggest mistake s staying up and snacking when I am tired instead of going to bed, which I do because dh is not ready to go to bed.
    why is It too late to plant bulbs? I am still planting alliums and lilies. My ground isn’t frozen is yours?

Yes. If we get a “warm spell” I may still try, but the 10 day forecast doesn’t look good.

My last glaze load for the sale this weekend is in the kiln. I broke an ornament this morning rushing because I was trying to fit too much in - getting the kiln loaded and through the first, interactive, phases of firing before I need to leave for class; getting the milking done in time to chill the milk in the freezer for an hour before I leave; making dh breakfast and packing his lunch before he left....

and when it happened, I told myself “stop. You have just wasted almost an hour of work. The road is covered in ice. Dh will probably go in late. Even if he doesn’t choose to, there is no universe in which it is a crisis if his breakfast is ten minutes late. Or he stops for a bagel, or he goes out to lunch. You can always give the milk to the chickens. You have plenty. You won’t miss it.” And then I made myself slow down and focus on loading each ornament until I was done.

i missed yoga on Monday because dh didn’t feel well and didn’t want to do it. The yoga routine is on his iPod and I literally have no idea how to hook it up to the stereo and find the right track. I need something I can access alone.

i am skipping swimming tonight because it is supposed to start snowing on the wet road during the evening commute.

But my weight is holding steady and my food choices are still ok.

Chicken Lady, I am proud of your "thoughts re set!" It's hard to do that in the middle of rushing, so you deserve a big pat on the back. I bet your husband will be happy to show you how to access the yoga. Seems like a smart move to skip the swimming...but I am very chicken about driving in the snow and now even the dark, so I fully understand skipping. How many ornaments did you make? Would you be willing to post some photos? I'm curious about them.

Maybe you can stream something, cl? See the frugal thread for my win - partially inspired by you!

Yay Imerullo!

yoga that is free and low environmental impact - double win!

i made 30 ornaments. Last year I sold 24. They are flying pigs, which are a thing here. Pictures are hard for me and I do not have time to struggle with them right now. I’m sorry.

much might be about to change - there is a possibility that I am going to be able to help homeschool my heartgrandson. Life is full of interesting twists - there was a job I wanted and did not even get considered for, and I was upset. If I had gotten it, I would not be free for heartgrandson, so it might be a blessing. (Or, as my heartdaughter said “holy cow universe!”)

Yppej
    On my fourth try I got a plumber to come out, but he didn't do one of the things I wanted. I hate dealing with contractors and so does DS. Probably I will push off other projects until the new year.

I haven't been walking but tomorrow I will be shoveling.

I have ideas for everyone now though I have not gotten around to buying all the gifts.

Spoke with a recruiter but she has nothing in my area.

At work I am trying to keep my head down but when the office bully, who knows the hours of my group, accosted me work papers in hand 15 minutes before starting time before I even got my jacket off I reminded her of my starting time.

I am still reading lots.

Yppej, how are things going at work?

my project is currently at a standstill, but I told the person whose hands it is in now to let me know if and when I can do anything. Now I will totally stop thinking about it. I plan to get a little ahead on lesson plans over the break.

I am working on my barn and house today.

Skipped swimming once last week and yoga again this morning because we were both tired and not up for it - might try to fit it in tomorrow.

food choices are going well and my weight is down a bit.

I am a little behind on my pottery class and may not catch up.
    I feel really good about my lead up to and execution of the sale. Sales were a little below what I hoped, but not bad - some things are out of my control. I already have good notes and plans for the next sale, and I unpacked my inventory neatly already.
    next focus is work for my firing credit.

Started my Christmas shopping from other potters at the sale and have nice gifts for each of my girls.
    heart- daughter and grandson came by to see me at the sale, and dd1 stopped in to help for an hour or so.
    still have one more date with dh and a party on the social calendar.

i should know more about ❤️Gs (tired of typing that out, let’s see if the emoji works) by Wednesday, but at the moment it looks like I will have him all morning tu/Th and be responsible for math and language arts. Currently i’m Planning to cut the food bank out of my schedule to accommodate that.

My mom sold crafts and I always enjoyed helping her with the fairs. That’s great you will be teaching your HGS.

Yppej
    Work is busy and the same person is occasionally hovering over me trying to micromanage me. I do not report to her and am getting better at ignoring her.

This year I am thinking I will forego the brownnosing group gifts to higher ups and only get things for people I genuinely like. The hoverer is the leader of the brownnosing group, so this may annoy her and get her to give me some space as rather than bothering me she runs around the office gossiping about me instead.

Thread Information