Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The new 8 week plan

So, I gained 4 lbs over thanksgiving at ds’s house. Did a little bit of lesson planning in the car. Another gathering with the girls tomorrow and today I am shopping, baking, cleaning up, and decorating.

Yppej
    I am done with birthday gifts and have one Christmas gift still to get. I am thinking I will give a larger gift to my son and skip a stocking as that is a lot of shopping for small items to fill it up.

Every day I am not working I walk indoors.

The plumber came out. Next I need the furnace guy but I am waiting fir a better time for DS to be home.

Reflecting on today.
    i got up, did chores, unloaded the dishwasher, ran some laundry, and headed out shopping - driving the farm truck which has no suspension and steers like a boat for reasons involving one of my kids, two flat tires, and an electric car.
    bank, to get money for farm sitter,
    pottery studio to buy lots of treats for me and a couple for my class,
    spice store to replenish spices
    grocery store to buy food and wine
    art fair I happened to stumble across on-line where I bought ddil a camel and was offered an artist in residence position and talked for far too long. (Not taking the position - requires a commitment from noon to 5 Saturday through Tuesday)

home, unloaded car, tired from stores and people and truck beating me half to death.

more laundry. Planted about 125 tulips (about a third of them?) in mud because we had a thaw and it is not raining.

Haven’t baked. Haven’t cleaned. Haven’t decorated. It is not even 6 yet, but it is now dark and I am dragging.

The tulips alone are a day’s work

CL - Laundry, shopping, planting tulips- that's a lot!

How did your pottery sale turn out? Or is it upcoming still?

The sale went well. I would have liked it to go just a little better, but overall - good. I have a lot of ideas for new things I want to try for the next one. I feel like i’m developing my “voice”. (Have thoughts about your crafting thread to share when my brain is more clear. - good luck. Have fun!)

just to be clear, I did not hand dig 125 little holes and carefully place each bulb. - I scooped up a shovel of mud, dropped in 3-5 bulbs, and slid the mud back off the shovel. - step to the left, repeat....

also, all the clean laundry is just piled in baskets and the nonperishables are still in the bags.

cleaned a little. Going to bed and baking and maybe decorating and/or cleaning tomorrow.

That is the only way to plants bulbs—in a group, in one hole dug by a shovel.

Those bulb planting devices are ineffective.

Did a little cleaning and decorating yesterday.

most important, there was pie and cornbread.

dh just left and will be gone for work until late Thursday night. So I will be lonely, but for the next 4 days I have no food duties - simply take something out of the overly full fridge and eat it whenever I get hungry.

we did yoga again this morning and I noticed the reduced flexibility from skipping a week. I’m trying to come up with something for Wednesday. I might be able to just do as much of the routine as I remember without the music and instruction.

my Christmas shopping is about half done. Today is a home studio focused day.

You are a energizer bunny! When my husband is gone the first 2 days it’s nice to have the house to myself. After that I miss him everyday until he gets home.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    You are a energizer bunny! When my husband is gone the first 2 days it’s nice to have the house to myself. After that I miss him everyday until he gets home.
    Ditto. DH is flying out early Sunday for a work conference. I'll be super ready to see him when he returns Thursday night. I will however, thoroughly enjoy Sunday/Monday!

Thread Information