Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: November Purge

November Purge

When we bought our night table, I selected it because it had good storage capacity, which we all know can be a double-edged sword. Anyway, I hadn't gone through it for a long time, so I cleaned it out yesterday and got rid of a lot of obsolete items. It is much neater and less stuffed with crap now!

I use a console table that has two shallow drawers for a desk. I decided I want to be able to put my laptop computer in one of the drawers when not in use, so I had to clean them out. Three fourths of the stuff in there went into the trash!

Also completely cleared off my desk, one bag of trash, one of shredding!

Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    I use a console table that has two shallow drawers for a desk. I decided I want to be able to put my laptop computer in one of the drawers when not in use, so I had to clean them out. Three fourths of the stuff in there went into the trash!

Also completely cleared off my desk, one bag of trash, one of shredding!
    UGH! Cleaning my desk is always on my to-do list and usually the first thing I skip over. LOL. Need to do it soon. Thanks for the reminder.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Good work on the desk cleanup! My new-to-me desk is actually still mostly empty, although I've had it for a few months and use it daily. I've lived without a desk for so long and I want to be extremely judicious in using this valuable real estate!

rosarugosa,
    I remember that concept of some space being designated as "high value real estate." I think it's helpful and I try to monitor my high-use spaces using that idea. My kitchen countertop, dining table, nightstand and office desk top are all high value to me and those are the ones I focus on keeping clear.

I am dreadful at keeping flat surfaces clear. I did clear the computer desk-well, neatened it up! If I have clear spaces showing and tidier stacks I feel better....but I am better at the writing table now...using book case space to keep the table clearer. thanks for the inspiration and Congratulations to those who are maintaining a clear surface!

During our recent closet purge, DH decided to let go of a pair of Brooks Brothers wool trousers that he has had for at least 8 years that still had the tags on. I just sold them on eBay for $49!

Well this is embarrassing. DH brought down three large bags of clothes belonging to me. They were up in our third story big walk-in closet. I had completely forgotten about them and they are three sizes too small. I picked out a few of the collectible pieces and I’m taking them to the vintage clothing store, the rest I am jettisoning.

Good plan to get rid os stuff before you eventually move. That's what happens when you have a big house. You forget about stuff.

Got rid of lots of china and old clothes yesterday. Going through boxes in basement and shed with goal of getting rid of half of what I have.
    If it is a category of things I like and collect, then trying to pick a number and have no more than x. So have to get rid of plus x, and select best and most-meaningful of x.

I may get rid of more china today. Took five boxes of stuff to a resale shop that funds the domestic violence shelter, to it's wonderful to feel this frozen energy being released into the world to be converted into doing good for people.
    One great side effect is that my husband starting doing the same and he picked out the five best sprinklers from his sprinkler collection and took rest to the Goodwill.

We have a long way to go, however. It seems to be like peelings layers. . .

Thread Information