Thread: the incredible shrinking Zoe Girl

the incredible shrinking Zoe Girl

I am losing weight, like actually losing weight after years of being stuck and creeping up, then no changes without extreme effort, and now I am slowly and steady getting back to the body I can recognize. Part of it is the medication I am on, I will take that side effect. The medication also helps with the depression which I guess I didn't realize was so bad. Many other medications cause weight gain. So I feel light enough to walk/run a little. I can eat overall less and feel less deprived without the sugary food. Last time I was offered cake I passed and felt much better for it.

I did have to replace all my pants, that is fine by me. And sometimes I think my butt gets sore from less padding LOL. I am officially no longer overweight after all. I do recall all those years I was a very small person and some of the weird things, like underwires digging in when you have no fat, or getting cold easily.

Nice!

That’s great!

Coincidentally, I recently decided it would be healthy (and my pants would fit better!) if I reduce my personal mass by 8.6%.

If I succeed in that change, my weight would be back where it was in October 2017.

The main change is to be more mindful about eating and exercise. Where eating is concerned, I need to tune out social expectations and past conditioning about when and how much I should eat at any point in time. I intend to replace that indicator with a true sense of my appetite. If I am really hungry, then I should eat. But if I am not (or no longer) hungry, then I should not eat... regardless of social cues.

Stress wreaks havoc on our adrenals pumping out cortisol at unhealthy loads and wrong intervals.

Yea you! You dumped that nasty stress job and have improved your quality of life.

Good work, ZG! It's also nice to be on that feedback loop (no pun intended) of success making it easier to be more successful.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I looked at my health records with Kaiser and I have been at this heavier weight for 8 years! Wow, it is a big deal to get some movement.

Okay the annoying stuff is that my rings do not fit. I need to put more thread on them so I don't lose them. And I am sore from my sit bones down to the backs of my knees. I am wondering if I just sit too much (still get 10K steps a day) or if I don't have so much padding. I would take more off the middle first truly!

Suspect you have a bad chair.

Thread Information