Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How (in what way) do you vote?

How (in what way) do you vote?

Here in Oregon it's mail in or drop off ballot. How do you vote where you are?

In person cause somehow when I moved and signed up for early voting by mail - it registered me but not by mail. So I went to the Catholic Church in the barrio a mile from my house and got a better feel for my neighborhood. It was sort of fun - except that I did this at 6 am because of a 12 hour work day in front of me.

I wish voting day was a national holiday.

I always vote absentee. When I registered I was traveling a lot for work so it made sense. Now that I don't travel so much I still get my ballot in the mail and fill it out while enjoying a beer. (see my post on polling place selfies). Since I'm usually home on election day I just walk it over the the polling place near my office at lunch. As always they gave me a nice sticker today. Apparently I voted sideways...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I go to the voting place on election day and usually take a paper ballot.

Before I moved to Oregon, I went to the polls (rather than using an absentee ballot.)
    My daughter was still young enough to enjoy coming along with me, and it seemed like a good lesson in civics. And there's something a little more exciting about voting in person, with your community.

Now that I'm in Oregon, I think all states should do vote by mail. They make it really easy.

I do early voting and no lines during the week days. I saw that soldier died with 7 kids after making that statement which was really sad.

I go to the polls-my lifelong ritual I suppose. Hubby went to early vote a few weeks ago at City Hall. We can also apply for an early ballot if desired.

Lots's of options..

In Texas, we had to vote at polling places. Here in Colorado, we can either mail in a ballot or drop off. So much easier. Still wondering why there isn't an online option.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    Before I moved to Oregon, I went to the polls (rather than using an absentee ballot.)
    My daughter was still young enough to enjoy coming along with me, and it seemed like a good lesson in civics. And there's something a little more exciting about voting in person, with your community.

Now that I'm in Oregon, I think all states should do vote by mail. They make it really easy.
    It is so easy. I actually had to get in line to drop off my daughters ballot because she waited till the last possible minute, but otherwise, it's super easy. So much better than going to a polling booth.

Yppej
    In person. I also wish there was an online option.

Thread Information