Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How (in what way) do you vote?

We walked the rail trail yesterday morning and then continued to our voting location and then home. Our voting location is very close to our house. We could have done early voting at our town hall, which is even closer.

Voted at our town hall in person.

On voting day, at the polling place.

Actually surprised I only needed a driver license, as I came with my voters card too - rep looked at me like I had brought stone tablets and a chisel!

I've always voted in person at our local polling place. I always enjoyed the formality involved in the process, checking in at the designated table for my neighborhood, having a polling official open the big ledger and finding my name, complete with a copy of my signature, and having me sign next to it before giving me my ballot. Yesterday, they scanned my drivers license, printed out a receipt with my personal information on it and had me sign an electronic screen. It wasn't the same.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

In person. I never understood why so many consider that to be too much to ask.

Mail-in ballot. It's easy to drop at the post office (no stamp required) or drop it at the polling place on Election Day. You have to sign up in advance for this, otherwise you are going to have to vote in person.

Like others, I used to take my son to the polling place when he was young so he could see the voting process in person. Then we'd go out to eat breakfast, so it reinforced that this was important and a special occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I'm happy Washington followed Oregon's lead and instituted vote-by-mail. I trooped to my polling place for years; this is so much better, IMO. I don't understand the virtue in making it as hard as possible to vote--in some cases, impossible. Lines blocks long, polling places running out of ballots, non-working machines...all could be fixed with the stroke of a pen. Not everyone can get to a polling place. At this point, I'd have to request an absentee ballot.

Scratch and sniff. Polling place a couple blocks from my house, busiest I have ever seen, but must have hit the right time, as no wait. (also more poll workers then I have ever seen there)
    Scratch in the boxes solidly, and sniff out what comes out of it, while looking for air freshener.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Obviously you don't live in Dodge City.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Obviously you don't live in Dodge City.
    Not yet, but the Democrats are working on it. Right now I live in a jurisdiction where voting is about as challenging as picking up my dry cleaning.

Thread Information