Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recent statement of Trump's viewed as potential murder in the 85006 AND the 85016

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Fair enough Tybee. I don't agree with rocks equating with lethal force. We could debate that for hours here but what really matters is the consequences if the US military truly is foolish enough to equate rocks with lethal force.
    I think the US military has been many more places in the world than I have, and have witnessed folks being killed by having rocks thrown at them. How can you say it is foolish to know that throwing rocks at someone can result in the death of the victim--victim = person at whom rocks are thrown. Perp = rock thrower.

What is foolish about knowing that throwing rocks at someone is a time honored way to kill them?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Trump is a thug and wants to murder innocent people.
    Thank you! I was just pondering an accurate example of hyperbole. This fits nicely.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

More than one person in the military has said that they would not fire on people throwing rocks. It would be a unlawful order and they would have to answer for their actions later. We are not Israel.

Rob-- see article on how stoning people to death is used around the world:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoning

I think, Rob, once you educate yourself on the use of force, and mechanisms of trauma, perhaps you could have an informed discussion.

In the state I live in, WA, (and again depending on context), if someone were to throw a rock at me seriously, that would be the sort of attack that our laws would allow me to respond with lethal force to stop.

I guess one lurid fantasy deserves another.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I don't believe throwing rocks justifies lethal force.
    The nearest Israeli consulate for you is in Los Angeles. Scout out nearby hotels, because the Israeli military regularly shoots at rock throwers in places like the Gaza Strip and you need to get there often and protest. Look for a chain with a rewards program.

I tend to think of the Kent State shootings as an example of unnecessary deaths by military forces that were egged on by politicians. There may have been a few rocks thrown. It's a bad idea to bring rocks to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I tend to think of the Kent State shootings as an example of unnecessary deaths by military forces that were egged on by politicians. There may have been a few rocks thrown. It's a bad idea to bring rocks to a gun fight.
    True.

Thread Information