Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dems won the House.....

The Women's March was just the start, the Resistance is real (if not bloody enough for some of you), and I hope this is the start of a government "of the people. by the people. and for the people" we were promised at Gettysburg.

The diversity among candidates who won was truly dazzling. Representation that looks like America--what a concept! Dare i let go of my cynicism? Not quite yet. We have more work to do.

I am sorry that Cruz wasn't voted out of office--I wouldn't be surprised if election-tampering were at work there--and there were a few additional disappointments, but I think this is just the beginning. Upcoming generations have taken the reins, and I, for one, am all for it.

I think Cruz’s victory illustrates the limits of glamour politics more than anything else. A signally obnoxious man defeated a gentry progressive candidate with a pretty face, a seventy million dollar war chest and all the adoration Hollywood and the media could manufacture. Texas didn’t fall for it.

I see some pundits on the left are rebuking white women as a group for voting against Beto and Stacey Abrams. The implication being that feminists must be progressives.

Yppej
    I started reading a book a few weeks ago and quickly abandoned it. I forget the title, but it was a collection of essays by women with repeated bashing of women like me who voted for Bernie Sanders. And he is certainly progressive.

Bernie is certainly more progressive than Hillary. She's more of a Nixon republican than a progressive. There's a big difference between voting for Bernie and voting for Cruz or Kemp.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Bernie is certainly more progressive than Hillary. She's more of a Nixon republican than a progressive. There's a big difference between voting for Bernie and voting for Cruz or Kemp.
    I’m reading that some of Clinton’s diehard minions are floating the idea of a release 4.0.

In either case, isn’t it ridiculous to assume that people owe some kind of allegiance to their gender?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I’m reading that some of Clinton’s diehard minions are floating the idea of a release 4.0.
    She will run. It will be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    In either case, isn’t it ridiculous to assume that people owe some kind of allegiance to their gender?
    Yes. Obvi!

But what is interesting is that many of my fellow liberals think I owe an allegiance to someone else's gender for the wrongs committed by my forefathers against that gender.

I remember telling people I did not vote for Hillary in 2016. They sometimes accused me of sexism for "not voting for a woman!" Some of these libs went into tizzies.

But it was fun to see the cognitive dissonance immediately set in and show on their face when I said: "Actually, I voted for Jill Stein."

Hillary as Dem candidate in 2020 sounds like a good way to ensure a second term for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Hillary as Dem candidate in 2020 sounds like a good way to ensure a second term for Trump.
    But it is still her turn!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    To be honest, I believed pretty much the exact opposite in 2016.

Has anyone ever been elected president after two prior failures?

Totally a bad idea. We need someone new that can inspire people.

Thread Information