Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I may have gotten someone fired..........

UL, the person could be mentally ill or have a Intellectual Disability. You should know from SW grad school that using MR is derogatory. The person could just also be a jerk.

(Deleted)
    Last edited by Ultralight; 11-7-18 at 9:12pm.

Our local Kroger uses mentally-challenged baggers. They vary in degree of challenge.......but one of them does babble constantly. I think he drives the cashier nuts. But what's interesting is that when I respond to him about what he is saying.....he seems fairly with-it.

But the seafood guy was just a jerk. He appears to do his work satisfactorily, and many times is the only one working there. So I think he's just obnoxious and very bigoted. It's a huge store in a busy area. I wonder if anyone else has complained. Probably not. I'm just so good at it, I like to keep my skill sharp.

I'm guessing your fishmonger gets his "news" from Breitbart. 4Chan, or other crackpot sources--the ones who constantly flog tales of the Clintons and their pizza shop basement child sex trafficking ring and "deep state" machinations, etc. It would just be business as usual for them to circulate fake Abrams interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    There are mentally retarded people that work at the Krog's near where I live. They say wacky stuff sometimes. I ignore it mostly, or say: "It is important to be kind to everyone."

Who knows if this is the right approach. But these folks are mentally retarded.
    I hate that term. If you were to use it to describe my grandson I'd let you know just how much.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

(Deleted)
    Last edited by Ultralight; 11-7-18 at 9:13pm.

Hi Alan......what is the best term to use?

I agree--he was completely out of line talking to customers like that. It's almost incredulous that he wouldn't know better. In fact, if this took place in NJ, I would have suspected that John Quinones was around somewhere filming for "What Would You Do?" I believe his behavior should have been addressed, so don't worry about that. I admire your response.

One time I was in the elevator in a North Carolina hotel with DH and my kids, who were really young at the time. There was a white Southern man in the elevator with us. we went up one floor, door opened a black couple got in. We went up one more floor, the black couple got out. When the door closed, the man said to us, "Whew.. Glad that stench is gone. I don't just hate n----s. I DESPISE them!" I didn't know what to say, and I know I should have said something but I was shocked speechless.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post

One time I was in the elevator in a North Carolina hotel with DH and my kids, who were really young at the time. There was a white Southern man in the elevator with us. we went up one floor, door opened a black couple got in. We went up one more floor, the black couple got out. When the door closed, the man said to us, "Whew.. Glad that stench is gone. I don't just hate n----s. I DESPISE them!" I didn't know what to say, and I know I should have said something but I was shocked speechless.
    Respond this way:

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I agree--he was completely out of line talking to customers like that. It's almost incredulous that he wouldn't know better. In fact, if this took place in NJ, I would have suspected that John Quinones was around somewhere filming for "What Would You Do?" I believe his behavior should have been addressed, so don't worry about that. I admire your response.

You should have sniffed around the white guy and said "Oh! Here it is! This is where that stench is coming from!"

Thread Information