Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Sessions, Attorney General of the United States.....

Quote Originally Posted by oldhat View Post
    His relationship with Trump followed the familiar pattern. I can't remember where I heard it, but someone described Trump as "reputation Kryptonite." No one who enters his orbit can fail to be diminished by the experience.
    Nikki Haley seemed to manage it, but she may be the exception that proves the rule. I hope we hear more from her in the future.

Seemed like Session's one good thing he did was removing himself from the Mueller investigation. Kate McKinnon is really going to miss him in office. And I'm going to miss her being him.

I take a swag to say that Mueller will be scrambling to finish up his investigation and it will be over soon.

I didn't like Sessions, but I did gain a little respect for him as wanting to uphold the letter of the law and he stood up to Trump's bully tactics a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I take a swag to say that Mueller will be scrambling to finish up his investigation and it will be over soon.

I didn't like Sessions, but I did gain a little respect for him as wanting to uphold the letter of the law and he stood up to Trump's bully tactics a few times.
    I'll give him that. Only that.

It shouldn't even be notable, but the people in the White House now don't respect any laws but their own.

Quote Originally Posted by oldhat View Post
    His relationship with Trump followed the familiar pattern. I can't remember where I heard it, but someone described Trump as "reputation Kryptonite." No one who enters his orbit can fail to be diminished by the experience.

It amazes me that anyone is still willing to work with or for Trump. He has wrecked the careers or reputations of almost everyone that he given government jobs to.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Just quit. What do you'all make of that??? I bet marijuana stocks will appreciate that LOL. Rob
    i get the humor, but to me it gets to a failure of the system. Marijuana is illegal at the federal legal. How it is enforced can change from one regime to the next and one AG to the next. It’s probably not outside of possibilities to swing through extremes of enforcement in short periods of time. Same goes for immigration, as in illegal immigration means illegal.

I put some oweness on Congress to provide consistent laws that are definitive, enforceable and consistent with the times rather than outdated laws that are difficult to enforce and at the whim of what ever administration is in power.

i do not like how Sessions has handled things and I don’t like the laws, but as things stand people living in the country illegally or people who pocess marijuana are technically criminals and subject to what ever punishment the laws allow.

But he stood strong against Demon Weed and refugee children.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    i get the humor, but to me it gets to a failure of the system. Marijuana is illegal at the federal legal. How it is enforced can change from one regime to the next and one AG to the next. It’s probably not outside of possibilities to swing through extremes of enforcement in short periods of time. Same goes for immigration, as in illegal immigration means illegal.

I put some oweness on Congress to provide consistent laws that are definitive, enforceable and consistent with the times rather than outdated laws that are difficult to enforce and at the whim of what ever administration is in power.

i do not like how Sessions has handled things and I don’t like the laws, but as things stand people living in the country illegally or people who pocess marijuana are technically criminals and subject to what ever punishment the laws allow.
    I think you’re right that this (and many other) administrations have shown great creativity in thwarting the rule of law through selective enforcement, executive orders, administrative rulings, etc. illegal should mean illegal no matter how you or your base feel about it until you change the law.

I’ve never understood the people who view the Constitution as an outdated scrap of parchment that isn’t up to the task of regulating our society when they have so many better ideas they’re eager to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    But he stood strong against Demon Weed and refugee children.
    Based on what I've seen so far about any replacement, it's sort of like, beware what you wish for.

It's a given they'll be as bad or worse.

Thread Information