Thread: wiping a chromebook clean

wiping a chromebook clean

I love my little chromebook and it has served me well past it's life expectancy. However, it is having several problems now and I think the time has come to replace it. I bought a "new" one on ebay, someone had purchased it but only used it a few times and was selling. So, now I would like to sell mine so it may be refurbished or used for parts at least. My concern is info on it. How do I wipe everything clean from it? I don't have a clue how to do that, so if someone with that particular knowledge would give me some advise I would be so grateful!
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

I believe methods may vary by manufacturer, although this should do the trick:

Click on Settings, then type Powerwash in the search bar. Scroll down to Powerwash in the results and click, follow on-screen instructions to reset the device to factory defaults.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thanks Alan, I can do that!
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

I recently found out that Best Buy recycles ALL electronic devices, free of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    I recently found out that Best Buy recycles ALL electronic devices, free of charge.
    Thanks. I have some older computers that I may take for recycling then. That's good to know.

Thread Information