Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US tax cuts and the consequences

The figures I see that the government releases are that job growth has been steady, unemployment is at record lows, and wages for the lower incomes have been ticking up modestly. Trump has turned so many knobs that influence the economy that I think it would be hard to decide which has had the most influence. I've not heard of any big move of expatriate companies back to the US. I could make a stab at predicting the job market could become over fueled and there could be labor shortages.

Between the tariffs, the restriction of immigrant labor, the stimulus of tax cuts, the stock market run up, and whatever deregulation Trump has tried to instigate, I'm surprised inflation has not reared it's ugly head. At least from the way the government figures inflation, last I heard it was 2.3% and most would call that normal. It's not over yet.

We had an interesting investment meeting where the general mood was good for about 6 months, not so good 6-18 and potential for recession after that. Watch the spread between long term interest rate and the unemployment rate. When it hits zero there is a great potential for a crash in about 6 months. Right now unemployment going down and interest rates going up.

Goes along with my pessimistic personality since I feel many of the disastrous decisions being made since our President was elected are likely going to cause a crash maybe in one/two years or so.

I see Bernie Sanders is pushing a law that would restrict Wal-Mart from buying back its stock unless they go to a minimum wage he deems sufficient.

I assume it’s more in the nature of campaign literature than a serious bill. We will probably be seeing a lot of those.

Thread Information