Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: personlized lanyards or keychains

personlized lanyards or keychains

For the holidays I wanted to get all my kids, in law kids, etc. a personalized, embroidered keychain or lanyard. One child has an extremely unique name, one super common, and the other a reasonably common name that we never find her spelling.I thought it would be a nice simple gift, and not always easy to find. I can't seem to find it now. Should be simple,

Honestly web searches were easier 12 years ago when I was attending grad school online. Now there is so much junk that searches are a pain in the rear.

For myself, I don't think that I would use something which announces my name to the world. That is just me but I raise it to see how others feel before you spend the money. I know that work offices and staff used lanyards but the names are very small in print. Where I volunteer at a school, I wear a lanyard with my name in small print and visible from one side only. The lettering about the role is on the reverse in large letters so distracts attention.

Please don't see this post as being unkind but a caution.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I agree with razz, I don't like things with names. invites too much familiarity. i don't even like name tags at a conference... if I want someone to know my name, I'll tell it to them. But I'm weird about things like that, I know. I like the lanyard idea though. Can you personalize it by your kids' interests instead of by name? (mine says "remove before flight". DD's says Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Ok, so that's not actually an INTEREST.....but it does suit her!)

Hmm... I'll disagree about the name thing. One thing about personalized gifts is it suggests the giver gave the gift some thought. I gave my DILs personalized Moleskine notebooks last Christmas--I thought it was a good idea.. I never thought about any downsides.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Well, sure, but you don't WEAR Moleskines, lol.

For the record my kids have expressed an interest in these. They talk about how nice it would be to have something with their name on it. I think the keychains may be better than a lanyard but still something that is personalized.

Until that hurricane that started with a K we never saw anything with my sister's name on it (one street in a small town in Iowa).

What is the lanyard for?

Amazon has personalized embroidered ones for 9.95 a piece. That's not too bad.
    I like your idea of a theme gift, where everyone gets a variation on a theme. One year I gave out seven copies of YMOYL!

I found embroidered keychains! I can pick color and thread color. I think I like them better than lanyards. My kids put their keys on lanyards actually instead of wearing them at work.

One year I gave everyone an emergency siracha container that goes on a keychain. Then they would never be lost without their sauce! My son actually uses his for camping.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post

One year I gave everyone an emergency siracha container that goes on a keychain. Then they would never be lost without their sauce! My son actually uses his for camping.
    That's funny! My son is a hot sauce lover. He'd probably love that gift!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information