Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 possible places to move!

I have let my adult kids live with me when needed and sure their friends came over . But that’s different than a bunch of messy, noisy adults that I didn’t give birth to)

The last thing I need when I come home, is to walk into a messy unkempt house with projects everywhere, not of my own making. How are you going to get to doing your projects, if all your free time is spent cleaning up these messes?

Sounds like a difficult situation for someone who has a strong sense of boundaries as you have presented here over the years.

BTW, loved having my kids and their friends over but now I need my private space where I set the boundaries in an open concept design. It is a different situation completely with strangers.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

The place with dogs and creative stuff going on at all times sounds intetesting. I wouldnt want you to have to clean all of the time. And I would hope you coukd get restfull sleep there. But if you arent locked in to a long lease, this might be good to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The place with dogs and creative stuff going on at all times sounds intetesting. I wouldnt want you to have to clean all of the time. And I would hope you coukd get restfull sleep there. But if you arent locked in to a long lease, this might be good to try out.
    Thank you IL, I think it could be interesting. After I meet with the other person I will check back in on the price and lease agreement and see what they think of the cat. I really liked the dogs, and the humans seemed really comfortable with each other. I honestly do a lot of what I feel like doing, if I want to clean then I will, if I don't and it bugs me then I will chill in my room. I spend a lot of time alone and in my room with my cat right now. He gets lonely so I bring my dinner down a lot (plus I love to do about everything sitting in my bed).

What I realized this afternoon is that regardless of how it turns out I am putting my principles in action. I am staying within a budget, not making excuses or being a victim, just living what I have been given. I really do hope to build up my savings and put more into retreat and study.

I find it sad that rents are so high that you can’t afford your own place and still be able to save money. It’s the same where we live.

I like the consideration you are giving to making a decision. You appear much more thoughtful and careful. It may be that this energetic place could be right if the residents are creative and caring. Communal living can be a very good thing for the right people with good intentions. it is done all over the world in places like London where rents are not affordable for most. We are just not used to it here in the USA.

There are various reasons I don't want to live alone, and a large one is that I want more connection to people. I simply don't think it is good to be alone so much. My dream would be co-housing but I really have no urge to be alone in my own apartment right now.I haven't posted about friend issues in awhile, mostly because it is something I just get used to. But it is a real issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    There are various reasons I don't want to live alone, and a large one is that I want more connection to people. I simply don't think it is good to be alone so much. My dream would be co-housing but I really have no urge to be alone in my own apartment right now.I haven't posted about friend issues in awhile, mostly because it is something I just get used to. But it is a real issue.
    That is an aspect that is as important as any. Wise to be aware of it and take steps to address it.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I met the other roommate opportunity tonight and I like it even better. I am going to follow up with a background check and application part going forward.

It is a single mom who has her daughter on a 50-50 split I found through a roommate service. Based on her custody agreement we need to do the background check, and I am not concerned about that. The rent is nice and low, lots of progress possible with my financial goals. The house is very comfortable. It is a typical Denver house from the 50's but with new windows and some energy upgrades (still has the mail slot in the wall however, love that). She is prepared for roommates which is nice, there is space set aside for me in the bathroom, kitchen and an outside storage shed. It would be more than enough for my yarn but I would still need my storage unit. She has a dog and a cat but is not worried about my cat. I guess the dog can be nervous around people, he was literally coming up and leaning into me for a hug! So dog approval is very high. It is a one bathroom in the house, so we need to all share that. I did make sure she knew I take showers and dry my hair before 6 am and that was not an issue. She also was very inviting to me to come out into the living areas and hang out with her and her daughter, which feels good.

The bedroom is a little small so I am thinking about getting a twin size daybed with room to store boxes underneath. I can put my current queen size Ikea bed in storage. The mattress is ready to be replaced so if that does not fit in storage then it is okay to be recycled/disposed of. I was talking to a friend about twin size beds and she thought it would be too small for her. Honestly I am not very big, and I use a twin size bed every time I am on retreat and have plenty of room. With pillows it could be a little couch style set up.

Thread Information