Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MyPod teardrop trailer

MyPod teardrop trailer

I have become quite enamored with these little trailers. Apparently you can haul them behind a dang Smart Car!

https://golittleguy.com/lg-mypod/

People are doing long-term camping, road trips, and even living in them temporarily.

Any one have one? Use one? Know someone who has?

Definitely not for the claustrophobic tried out one of similar size and it was like walking into as coffin. The worse thing for me on these is that the
    kitchen is external so I'd have to deal with chatty rv park neighbors before I've had my coffee (plus yucky to cook out in the rain). They are really cute though.

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    Definitely not for the claustrophobic tried out one of similar size and it was like walking into as coffin. The worse thing for me on these is that the
    kitchen is external so I'd have to deal with chatty rv park neighbors before I've had my coffee (plus yucky to cook out in the rain). They are really cute though.
    I have enjoyed sleeping in one-person tents. And I like being out in the rain. So I don't know that those issues would bother me.

But I can understand how they would bother some folks.

For me the issue is cost. They are outrageously expensive!

I could much cheaper convert the back seat and hatch of my Nissan Versa into a "MyPod."

Basically a sleeping place on wheels.

Pros: off the ground, hard shelter surrounds you (bears), climate control, you can disconnect and use the vehicle, small amount of gear storage, and also roof rack ability (bikes or other toys).

Cons: SIZE!, cost, need to keep it somewhere when not in use (do you have limited parking, Ul?), for me - only the a.c. increases the comfort level above a tent and in a tent I can stand and walk ariund, maybe even pop open a chair to sit

As you said, you can do the same with your car....there's also these "joiners" that can mesh your open hatch to a tent which to me would be the best solution.

Now, saying all that - I've also looked at similar campers, but with cooking ability. Stand by!

I've seen this in person and love the concept...Go mobile www.sylvansport.com.

Well, I've just tried to find a small camper model and can't! It has sleeping on the inside, and a hatch like lift up exterior which had a small fridge, burned and sink in the rear. SIgh! I

I wanted one to pull behind my motorcycle with my dogs - to go on a cross country adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by lmerullo View Post
    I've seen this in person and love the concept...Go mobile www.sylvansport.com.
    I love it! Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by lmerullo View Post
    I wanted one to pull behind my motorcycle with my dogs - to go on a cross country adventure.
    Wow! That would be a heck of an adventure. I support this idea!

Wow - if I ever win the lottery...
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

On a related note, we are going out today with my son who is hell-bent on buying a small camper to park on our property. Specifically, we are looking at a 70s vintage Shasta. Refurbished, those are REALLY cute! A little bigger than a tiny teardrop, but fun in a different way.

The one you're talking, about UL is adorable, and definitely suited for a minimalist.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    On a related note, we are going out today with my son who is hell-bent on buying a small camper to park on our property. Specifically, we are looking at a 70s vintage Shasta. Refurbished, those are REALLY cute! A little bigger than a tiny teardrop, but fun in a different way.
    What is his plan for heating it?

Very cool of you to entertain this unconventional plan of his!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    What is his plan for heating it?

Very cool of you to entertain this unconventional plan of his!
    He would actually only use it in the summer, at this point, anyway. He has a small apartment in downtown Burlington where he can walk to work. He doesn't own a car. But he writes/plays music, so his thinking is, he could do that in a camper without bothering us late at night. And it would be his own place.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information