Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MyPod teardrop trailer

UL, have you searched build a teardrop trailer? People have been doing that for years.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    UL, have you searched build a teardrop trailer? People have been doing that for years.
    I am not handy or mechanical.

But I have looked into conversions of vehicles into "nano-campers" and some are clever and not that different than a MyPod. And they don't look hard to convert.

I don't know that I would do this, but I think about it from time to time. Like to convert my hatchback and then take Harlan on a road trip.
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

I've been quite tempted by them, but I splurged on a really nice "expedition grade" hammock, down underquilt, and good down sleeping bag instead, and saved a fortune. Also don't have to find a place to store a trailer off-season, and the maintenance costs are lower. I keep the "car expedition" camping thing neatly prepacked into hard storage boxes, and I can be on the road in about 10 minutes from decided "hey, adventure time".

We looked at these 15 years ago. DH made me get in and lay down and it’s like being in a coffin. Back then they were selling new for 10k. Then we ended up buying a used27 ft motor home. Good thing because after we inherited my son’s 80 lb dog we wouldn’t fit with our 4 little dogs.