Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microwave popcorn popper?

Thanks everyone. I think I've decided.

I have a round glass popper with a silicon lid for the microwave.
    It seems to cook very unevenly, with lots of unpopped kernels and some burnt. I'm giving it away.
    My favorite way to cook popcorn is just on the stove, and keep that pot shaking. I use avocado oil.

Avocado oil is a good overall fat, with a high smoking point.

I ended up ordering a Salbree silicone popper. It had good reviews, and it appears as though silicone is not a problem, and DD didn't care, so that's done.
    Me, I just use a pan on the stove.
    Now on to which popcorn might I give with it? There's an Amish Country variety pack that looks good.
    I was thinking of getting their "hull-less" stuff for me. I buy stuff for DH to give to me and visa versa. haha
    He hands me unopened underware, etc., and I wrap it and give it to him. hahaha

Truth be told........I'd like it to suddenly be January.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I have used this https://www.walmart.com/ip/NordicWar...opper/17429916 one for years and both my kids love the one that I gave them. No oil needed just add 1/3 cup popping corn and touch the microwave 'popcorn' button and wait till it stops. You can add butter, flavourings afterwards in the bowl and serve. Simple, easy to use and clean.
    This is the one I have. The lid is getting a bit wonky, but it still works. I put a Tb or so of coconut oil in it - MW for 45 seconds. Put in the popcorn (1/2 a cup?), then MW for 2:45. I use Boy Scout popping corn and get good results.

I saw one yesterday from Pampered Chef (a friend is having an on-line party as a fundraiser). It looked nice, but it's $25. https://www.pamperedchef.com/shop/Co...AaAiyrEALw_wcB
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

We have used just the brown lunch bags - add 1/4 cup corn, loosely fold and microwave. Simple as that! Then add butter, seasonings, etc after it is finished.

Gregg - I had no idea that would work. That’s my new plan. It sounds much healthier. And cheaper.

I've read you have to be very careful, or the bag can catch fire. ??

Like all microwave popcorn it needs to be watched - but it is safe. Search - popping corn in brown bag in microwave for lots of good tips.

Thread Information