Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tiny kitchen strategies

Hi Rosemary! Relative to another thread, I was thinking of you as an example of someone who could be considered a foodie but with a focus on healthy eating. You have the Middle Aged Vegan Facebook page I think, is that right?

When I have had a tiny kitchen I stored some of the stuff in a hall closet.

A dilemma I can identify with. I have used the old joke line, my kitchen is so small the rats are hunchbacked. Steve pretty much nailed it from my experience. I don't know how you are for floor and wall space, but I build a small shelve like an open front bookshelf style that's about thigh or waist high and made to fit the floor space I have. I keep frying pans in the drawer under the stove. I also put in some adjustable shelving mounted to the wall that uses dry wall anchors so it's not just for light weight things. I'm not sure what the big box stores have these days for space savers but every time I pass the aisle it looks like some interesting ideas.

My kitchen is really in a closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    My kitchen is really in a closet.
    That places some new limits on things.

I was thinking today about an old friend who used to do quite a bit of cooking in an outdoor kitchen. There are some interesting stoves that are more in the compact camping line of things rather than the expensive space consuming suburban BBQ grills. I've always wanted to play around with a solar cooker, but it's never happened. There are plans around to make them and pretty decent commercial ones.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Hi Rosemary! Relative to another thread, I was thinking of you as an example of someone who could be considered a foodie but with a focus on healthy eating. You have the Middle Aged Vegan Facebook page I think, is that right?
    Hi, Rosarugosa! That page was not mine, but I do cook a lot and focus on healthy eating.

Thread Information