Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Floral Centerpiece

Floral Centerpiece

I went to a garden club workshop with my mother last week. I knew it would be good for her to go and she needed a nudge, so I said I would go with her. We were asked to bring a mug, teacup or similar small container. For a $7.00 fee, they provided oasis, plant material and refreshments. I am not too artistic with the flower arranging, but I thought this was kind of pretty and certainly worth my $7.00. I will give myself credit for choosing a container that would go well with an unknown assortment of floral material not chosen by me.

IMG_1369.jpg

I wouldn't have guessed you had no experience with flower arranging. Love the touch of purple!

Fabulous! Great to see after shoveling snow this morning!

Very nice!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Really nice, rose! Floral foam is such a great tool. I hope this gave you confidence to do more arrangements.

I help with a class on simple floral arrangements where we show people how to take that bunch of grocery store flowers and place them in a clear vase (that vase every household has) using principles of proportion and scale. It is better than just plopping them into the vase.

If you have a bit of floral foam, you are anead of that game.

I am leading a workshop in March that will use a low container and foam and using the “man, earth, sky” design. I hope to inspire confidence in attendees so that they will enter our Iris Show in May.

I saw a facebook video on flower arranging that showed various tricks like putting clear tape criss-crossed on top of a vase to serve as a frog and using clear plastic straws to lengthen stems. It was all new to me.

Really pretty!

Lovely bright and cheerful. What a good deal getting the instruction and the contents for $7 and you take it home. Did they caution you to change the water every 3 days etc?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Geila
    That is so pretty! Thanks for sharing and brightening my day. I've been in the California fire smoke for what feels like a very long time so I've got a bit of cabin fever going on. Your flowers look like spring and they cheered me right up.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I saw a facebook video on flower arranging that showed various tricks like putting clear tape criss-crossed on top of a vase to serve as a frog and using clear plastic straws to lengthen stems. It was all new to me.
    The tape method is what we teach in our workshop with grocery store flowers because everyone has that ubiquitois clear glass vase. You get better control of the direction of each stem if you use the tape method.

Thread Information