Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Angry, sad, frustrated

Last edited by Chicken lady; 12-3-18 at 5:12pm.

I am so sorry. Really scary situation. Hoping for the best.

Hoping things turn out the for best, Chicken Lady.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Today was the last day he was allowed to attend his old school. His mom has legal physical custody from Friday at 4 until Monday at 4. Monday is a school day. Under the homeschooling agreement they were supposed to change the physical custody agreement so that his dad would have him from 3:30 Friday to 7 a.m. Monday, and ❤️Dd agreed to let him stay with dad this weekend, but that agreement was never signed.
    So if I understand this correctly, DD agreed not to have her son until Monday 0700? They may well be traveling for the holiday then?

Are all of their agreements written/signed? Is this a divorce decree agreement?

Yes, I'm reading only the facts as written, without emotion attached. i haven't looked at my phone since yesterday afternoon.......

My emotional reaction would be quite different.

At this point he is not enrolled in any school? Is that right? So by default at this point he'd be homeschooling?

I am feeling for you CL, I have many families working these things out and then of course my own history. Truancy laws can be serious, what state is he in? Just have your daughter document everything by text, email etc. Follow up every verbal agreement, It is a sucky way to live but she is in the long haul here.

Divorce is hard on kids. Hope everything works out for the little guy.

Oh no, CL! Hope they can work this out in a positive way for all.

I wouldn’t have wanted my kids to be homeschooled. I would imagine it will end up in mediation if a agreement can’t be reached. I wanted my kids out in the world.

CL, it certainly sounds like he needs a alternative to regular school. With all the professional recommendations and his unique needs I am surprised that the dad is fighting it. Having a 4th grader hate school is not good. They have too many school years left.

Thread Information