Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving one and all.....

I might be able to snag a rabbit, and there are some wizened blackberries on my vines.
    Might be a good occasion to fast...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Local food here would include one of the geese that abound in Central Park and the other parks in Denver. I was stopped for an elk crossing on Sunday 2 times just going into the foothills. However you are not supposed to shoot them. I just stick to the healthiest versions of what people actually like (so no jellied cranberries thank you). I do have greens, just not from my garden.

A couple years I have made a pie from a pumpkin. One year I even grew the pumpkin! Note, do NOT use the jack o lantern type!
    A couple of years ago someone drpped off a domestic duck in our park, a place where we feed swans and host wild ducks. The duckie would become a victim of dogs. DH and a friend plotted to capture the duck, kill it, and serve it for dinner. But some do-gooder got to the duck first and deposited duck with friends on a farm where duck would not be eaten. So thst was a happy ending, and I was relieved that our city homestead would not be the site of a duck murder, although
    I sgreed with the plan.

We regularly have wildlife dropped off in our park – once was an alligator, a snapping turtle, and always pet ducks.

Happy what's-left-of-Thanksgiving, everyone!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Geila
    We found out that the Sizzler by our house was offering a traditional Thanksgiving meal so we went to check it out. It was actually really good. For $17 we got a big plate with turkey breast, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, green beans, sweet potato with maple butter and also fresh yummy rolls and pumpkin pie. The green beans were especially nice and fresh, just steamed without anything put on them. The turkey breast was a bit dry, but skinless breast is always dry to me. The gravy and cranberry sauce rescued it. The meal was so filling that we took the pie to go and more than five hours later we still feel really full and haven't had our pie yet.

We are so grateful for the rain that we got yesterday and the first clear and beautiful day we've had in over two weeks (fire smoke). The sky was blue with big puffy clouds, the air was so clean and fresh, and it was a pleasure to be out. We started the morning with a long walk with the dogs, who hadn't been walked in over a week. After the early lunch at Sizzler we spent the rest of the day outside puttering in the garden and playing with the dogs. So wonderful. And so missed.

Hope everyone had a lovely day.

My take is that food is just a garnish to put on the top of friends and family or the many other other things we value. Good holiday to all and thanks.

Thread Information