Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Simplified spaces?

Simplified spaces?

Hey, a gal I met on a dating site asked me "How 'minimalist' are you?"
    So I took some photos of my place. And when I saw them through the camera lens, I thought: "Hey, I am doing pretty dang good at minimalism!"

So I am going to post a handful of pics of my "simplified spaces."

Jane and Yppej, feel free to take pot shots. Everyone else, I am open to constructive criticism or ideas for improvement.

But more so, what I am really interested is any photo you might want to share of your simplified spaces ("simplified" by your definition and standard, not mine).

So please feel free to share!

IMG_2132.jpg
    Living room.

IMG_2128.jpg
    Kitchen.

IMG_2154.jpg
    Clothes closet.

Initial comments:

1) Love the dog, you got me there. Everything else is gravy. The skewed lamp is bad feng shui.

2) I'd keep the spices and oils away from the heat and light if possible.

3) Too many hangers

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Initial comments:

1) Love the dog, you got me there. Everything else is gravy. The skewed lamp is bad feng shui.

2) I'd keep the spices and oils away from the heat and light if possible.

3) Too many hangers
    All duly noted! Especially the hangers... I get them from getting my dry cleaning done. I should toss the dang things.

Yeah, Harlan just had to get in the photo by "his" couch. haha

Is that the "closet" kitchen?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Is that the "closet" kitchen?
    That is indeed the very one I referred to.

Geila
    Sorry UL, but your living room looks so depressing to me.* I couldn't live in space like that. My living room is pretty sparse too but I have colorful pillows and fleece blankets on the couch, art on the walls, and a couple of side tables with plants, lamps and pictures on them. I like having a simplified but homey space. I don't like to share pics online, otherwise I would share so you can see what I mean.

My question would be: does this space bring you pleasure or contentment? If yes, then good for you. If not, is there anything that you can add that would make it a comfortable or pleasant?

*I truly don't mean for my comment to come across as judgmental or critical. It's just an honest response to seeing the space. I suspect that my dh would find your space perfectly acceptable!

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    Sorry UL, but your living room looks so depressing to me.* I couldn't live in space like that. My living room is pretty sparse too but I have colorful pillows and fleece blankets on the couch, art on the walls, and a couple of side tables with plants, lamps and pictures on them. I like having a simplified but homey space. I don't like to share pics online, otherwise I would share so you can see what I mean.

My question would be: does this space bring you pleasure or contentment? If yes, then good for you. If not, is there anything that you can add that would make it a comfortable or pleasant?

*I truly don't mean for my comment to come across as judgmental or critical. It's just an honest response to seeing the space. I suspect that my dh would find your space perfectly acceptable!
    The living room is essentially Harlan's domain. He seems to like it, with a blanket on the floor, his pup tent beside it, and a couch all his own from which is his perch to look out the windows.

I use the empty space in the living room to exercise M, W, and F mornings.

Geila
    What about when you bring a hot date home? Some cozy ambiance might help with that endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    What about when you bring a hot date home? Some cozy ambiance might help with that endeavor.
    Got it covered!

IMG_2146.jpg

Not!

Thread Information