Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Simplified spaces?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Not!
    Come on!

Geila
    Yeah, I agree with TT. That ain't no cozy ambiance there. And having a transitional space would be really nice for a date situation. A teenage guy isn't going to care about ambiance and romance. But a mature woman? I think so.

Why are you still doing dry cleaning? You dont need that! We told you ages ago to stop it!

Harlan is cute. He is more delicately boned than I imagined.

You kitchen is big enough for most all things.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 11-22-18 at 11:01pm.

I think it is very clean, and the kitchen is actually really nice and has space according to my standards. I have a very small shared kitchen in a house from the 50's, Thanksgiving here was interesting.

And some warm and fuzzy stuff would be more to my liking as well. When I visit a friend I want a couple options of where to sit possibly, an afgan if I feel chilly, a place to set a drink or snack, maybe even something to look at on the wall or a book on a shelf. I know it can get out of hand easily, however the Buddhist monastics I know have more than what you have! Like others said, if this is a space that makes you really happy then you should simply enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Got it covered!

Attachment 2592
    Dude. No.

I have been having about a 200% success rate (counting repeat visitors) with the following approach:

- pretty much everyone here, unless they are local, if they come by for dinner, are committed t staying here overnight because of the ferry schedule, even if from an adjacent island.

- at the end of the evening, without presumption, I simply offer them the upstairs guest room, which can be too warm this time of year, the downstairs bedroom, which can be too cold, the nice day bed on the main floor by the fire, which can be just right, or the master bedroom with me, either in a platonic way (the bed is huge and comfie) or a not-platonic way, their choice, no assumptions.

I think the many options, lack of any pressure, and clean linen have been doing the trick,

It seems as though you are quite comfortable with it (or without more "it" as the case may be ) and that is what counts. The only thing that jumps out at me is the bed. While I've done my share of sleeping on the floor, at this age of my life I need to be up a little bit - simply to aide in the getting in and out of the bed. lol.

Thanks for sharing!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    The only thing that jumps out at me is the bed.
    If I got a life parter you better believe I would get a real, big bed.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Thanks for sharing!
    No problem; fun so far!

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Dude. No.

I have been having about a 200% success rate (counting repeat visitors) with the following approach:

- pretty much everyone here, unless they are local, if they come by for dinner, are committed t staying here overnight because of the ferry schedule, even if from an adjacent island.

- at the end of the evening, without presumption, I simply offer them the upstairs guest room, which can be too warm this time of year, the downstairs bedroom, which can be too cold, the nice day bed on the main floor by the fire, which can be just right, or the master bedroom with me, either in a platonic way (the bed is huge and comfie) or a not-platonic way, their choice, no assumptions.

I think the many options, lack of any pressure, and clean linen have been doing the trick,
    I am just a workin' man. I don't have a mansion on an island. So just don't have those kinds of options.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    ...the Buddhist monastics I know have more than what you have!
    Yes! Excellent! Have you told them about me?
    I love feeling superior to others!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

Harlan is cute. He is more delicately boned than I imagined.
    Thanks! He is slim and trim.

Thread Information