Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Simplified spaces?

I second the curtains, blanket and fruit bowl. Yes a woman needs a nightstand or end table they can reach from bed. Your apartment is going to feel a thousand times better.

A shelf mounted on the wall can serve the same function, just need a place for eye glasses, tissues and a glass of water.

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    A shelf mounted on the wall can serve the same function, just need a place for eye glasses, tissues and a glass of water.
    I don't think I can mount stuff on the wall in my apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Send pictures UL once you get your new things.
    Well, it is going to be a while. I am first going to downsize things to make room. Then I will buy things as my finances allow.

A thought on the “nightstand”

google “bamboo folding stool”. something like that would be ok. It is small, reasonably attractive, easily moveable, and could add an extra seat at your table, serve as a nightstand, give you another work surface, or be put away in a closet depending on your needs. Do not get a plastic or metal tube legged one.

and a stool, with a solid top. Do not put a folding chair (with a back) next to your bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    A thought on the “nightstand”

google “bamboo folding stool”. something like that would be ok. It is small, reasonably attractive, easily moveable, and could add an extra seat at your table, serve as a nightstand, give you another work surface, or be put away in a closet depending on your needs. Do not get a plastic or metal tube legged one.

and a stool, with a solid top. Do not put a folding chair (with a back) next to your bed.
    Yes, I think that's a great idea. I would think that a key principle of minimalist decor is multi-functional furniture. I actually used this technique in the summer this year: we bought 4 stools for our butcher block table, but only two are needed 80% of the time. So one goes in DH's workshop and one went next to DH's side of the bed to hold his cpap.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I don't think I can mount stuff on the wall in my apartment.
    https://www.command.com/3M/en_US/com...de-table-hack/

Thread Information