Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attempting a three day fast

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Everything sounds good -- from a "ramen bomb" to a salmon steak to a bowl of simple lentil soup.
    One of those is more likely to leave you satisfied both upon eating it and a couple of hours later. (Go fish!)
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    One of those is more likely to leave you satisfied both upon eating it and a couple of hours later. (Go fish!)
    I likely will for with the fish.

Even though ramen + seasoned instant mashed potatoes + spam sounds crazily and amazingly delicious, I know it is just too dang unhealthy. I will leave the ramen bombs to the long distance hikers! haha
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

COMPLETED!
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    COMPLETED!
    Congratulations! I'll bet the salmon tasted just great.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I don’t know how you did it. I dry heave and am dizzy/shaking without food.

I didn't want to eat late at night, so I am actually still fasting. At 8am EST (in about a half hour) I will break the fast with some cheese and fresh fruit. I think cheese and fruit is a good combination of healthy and indulgent after a 3 and half day fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I don’t know how you did it. I dry heave and am dizzy/shaking without food.
    I got light headed when I would go quickly from laying down to standing. But I was otherwise fine. I even worked out on the first and third days.

The exhausting part was the self-discipline and grit I had to use to stop myself from eating. Getting food is very easy, you know.