Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Border Drama

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think you saw the "correct" response, but Rob's mileage may vary.
    I have been part of the "opposing force" several times now for the state patrol's crowd/riot control training sessions, and the proceedings I saw on the news seemed in-line with what I've experienced. Well, except for the lunch breaks and the nice sandwiches and coffee.

I'm curious why Rob isn't blaming the Mexican authorities for this event.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I'm curious what the "correct" response to the situation was supposed to be.
    Tear down statues of James K Polk?

The correct response is to send immigration lawyers and judges to the border to start processing people. Then no need to be aggressive since they will realize that they will have a fair hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    The correct response is to send immigration lawyers and judges to the border to start processing people. Then no need to be aggressive since they will realize that they will have a fair hearing.
    It's a good thing you're not a reality tv show producer. such a practical response is not likely to get good ratings.

Yppej
    I beg to differ. Immigration drama is featured on TLC's 90 Day Fiance with no violence to titillate viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I don’t see waiting times as causing a “need” for aggression. It seems that the people organizing the caravans are hoping for enough aggression on a scale that will provoke a response resulting in video of people, preferably women and children, being hurt. Then we will be hearing about “the human cost” of controlling the border.

I think Alan is right that these people are being used as political gun fodder by people on both sides of the issue.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Now that myself and my neighbors have caught their breath and begun the process of lowering our collective blood pressure, I will say one positive thing about the recent border brouhaha (I've always liked this word but it's hard to find places in which to use it).

Getting to the point - I'm glad at least bullets were not used. That would have been lethal - and I don't mean any sarcastic humor here - I mean it would have been lethal for both America's economy and lethal to what little positive image or respect it has left on the world stage - and issue it will take many years to recover from once Trump is no longer in power.

But whatever. At least bullets were not used. Color me grateful for that much. Rob

I am grateful for that as well, Rob! And thank you for caring about others as you do. We may not agree on things at times, but I really appreciate how respectful you are of others here, and value your input and your threads very much.

Why did the migrants leave their country, instead of just doing the SJW thing of shaming the criminals?

Why don’t they stay in Mexico? Haven’t they heard about the lifesaving cheap medical care?

Rob, you need to recheck those bags of yours, you may need to flee before they close the border again.

Thread Information