Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Bucket List

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Went to see the movie with my best friend when it first came to theaters. Upon leaving, I had two items on my bucket list: 1- see (not necessarily meet) HH the Dalai Lama and 2 - see the Northern Lights. I've managed to see HHDL several times so seeing the Northern Lights remains.
    I found out the aurora borealis is visible from northetn Maine, but not until March. I would like to see it also.

We had our friends who recently visited Morroco over for dinner to show us their photos of that trip. I was genuinely interested in their trip because Morroco has been high on my list of places to visit, but I was feeling un excited about the desert and desert country.

After their review, I have ceossed Morroco off my list.they loved it but
    I think I would find myself in Casa Blanca, and kinds regretting the money I spent to get there.

They are urging us to go with them to SE Asia on a Viking River cruise on the Mekong. Other than the the hot and humid weather there, I would love SE Asia. No deserts there. I really really am not a fan of desert country.

It would be cool to go to Hawaii and learn how to surf.
    Just a random desire that popped up 😊

Yppej
    At the beginning of each year I do a bucket list and 2021 was a real dud. I didn't achieve to the point of crossing off anything on my list, though I did chug along on some of the relationship ones such as care for my parents as they age. But nothing fun.

About half my items are carrying over to 2022 and some I am mixing up.

Going to Ireland is on my list and I am going in June for 11 days .

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    At the beginning of each year I do a bucket list and 2021 was a real dud. I didn't achieve to the point of crossing off anything on my list, though I did chug along on some of the relationship ones such as care for my parents as they age. But nothing fun.

About half my items are carrying over to 2022 and some I am mixing up.
    One of my friends took care of her elderly mother for the last few years before she retired. Then my friend retired.

Then her mom died, leaving a disabled brother that my friend had to care for. Then the brother died.

she can travel and has the money to do so. She said several trips lined up. But now Covid. Thing is, she has her sights set on a couple of garden related European tours that take place only every 10 years. If she doesn’t make this one she may not make the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Going to Ireland is on my list and I am going in June for 11 days .
    How wonderful!!
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Becky, I hope Covid doesn’t prevent the trip like it did 2 years ago.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    We had our friends who recently visited Morroco over for dinner to show us their photos of that trip. I was genuinely interested in their trip because Morroco has been high on my list of places to visit, but I was feeling un excited about the desert and desert country.

After their review, I have ceossed Morroco off my list.they loved it but
    I think I would find myself in Casa Blanca, and kinds regretting the money I spent to get there.

They are urging us to go with them to SE Asia on a Viking River cruise on the Mekong. Other than the the hot and humid weather there, I would love SE Asia. No deserts there. I really really am not a fan of desert country.
    Morocco for me was absolutely.exhausting but utterly.amazing and totally worth it. Tip: if.you.ever visit - and want to.avoid the exhausting markets; large tourist cities such as Marrakesh have government run.fixed price stores called Ensenble Artisinal. I.was able.to.browse rugs in.absolute peace which was wonderful. And I.made out better than some at my.riad (a Moroccsn guest house) who.spent.hours bickering with rug sellers.

Morocco was totally.worth it but I.will.admit that when my.return flight to.Austria landed in.Lisbon on.the way I was relieved. To be back in a world I am more familiar with. But I'd still go again. I'd love to see Rabat and Tangiers - but.not.just yet due to Covid. Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Side note - I'd avoid Casablaca - other than for last minute souvenirs. The gems are Tangier; Fez, and Rabat. There is s seaside city that starts with an.O.that is great for Argan oil and cut thuja wood boxes. Rob

Thread Information