Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucket List

Finish the dishwashing from yesterday night.

Yeah, I have a goal: it is to get up to 500 named iris cultivars in my garden. I dont have travel goals. I did have a sort of goal list in my mind for the past couple of years, and that was to visit places of my past. But after seeing Las Cruces NM and coming away with strongly ambivilent feelings as well as a recognition that it was the worst vacation in a while, I have backed off that.

I have not been to Paris or Italy and do not now care about that. if an easy opportunity opened up (such as direct flight from St. Louis to Paris) I might go.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 11-23-18 at 7:06pm.

I used to have specific travel goals. Then I realized that I enjoy reading about places and watching documentaries about places about as much as going there in person.

When I get somewhere, my favorite part is resting in the hotel and reading up online all about the place, and then visiting a few museums. The rest is just expensive travel in allergy inducing airplanes and non-dust-mite-proofed hotel rooms.

And then I think about how state and national boundaries are figments of human imagination.

Now buying my own small motor home and setting it up as my house is set up for allergy control - with full retirement and unlimited time - and a healthy budget - now that kind of travel appeals to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post

Now buying my own small motor home and setting it up as my house is set up for allergy control - with full retirement and unlimited time - and a healthy budget - now that kind of travel appeals to me.
    Very cool!

No bucket list. Just small everyday goals and a few long-range ones. I would like to do some US/Canada traveling but not really into going all over the world these days.

Visiting Europe is very different than reading or watching it on the internet. So much better!

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post

My sister (in her mid-50's) and her wife retired about a year ago and bought a really nice, modest sized RV. They just finished a three month, 11,000 mile trip from CA to Maine and back. They had a fantastic time and loved having their own space/bed everywhere and being able to take their dog and cat with them.

Nope. Because I doubt I'll care either way when I'm dead.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thought I would be dead by 30, so had a list as a kid that I long ago finished.

So what are some of the best bucket list things you completed?

Thread Information