Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Bucket List

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Side note - I'd avoid Casablaca - other than for last minute souvenirs. The gems are Tangier; Fez, and Rabat. There is s seaside city that starts with an.O.that is great for Argan oil and cut thuja wood boxes. Rob
    Those places sound so exotically interesting! Since our friends gave a thorough rundown on their trip, I decided not to go to Morroco. Not that it doesn’t intrigue me, but because it’s basically desert country, a topography I don’t like, and there are so many other places I want to go, I have to cross things off my list now because I am old And have limited time.

1. Soaking up the sun on a white sandy beach with aqua colored water like in the travel brochures.
    2. Running another 1/2 Marathon, maybe a full marathon.
    3. Visit United Kingdom - I have been there by dw hasn't been and it would be fun to go back.
    4. 100 mile Cycling trip.
    5. See the Redwoods (I live in the Pacific Northwest, but have never seen them).
    6. Have time to volunteer for some worth while charity (or two).

Every now and then I read someone's list and am able to say "Oh, I did that!" or "I've been there!". LOL.

When the movie came out, I only had two things on my life Bucket List: 1) see the Dalai Lama and 2) see the northern lights. I've seen the Dalai Lama a couple of times, so I'm down to wanting to see the northern lights. I consider anything and everything else just icing on the cake.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

My one remaining key wish is to travel to the Northwest Territories. I have stepped in the oceans in BC and Newfoundland, as well explored the most southerly parts of Canada so there is just the most northerly part touching and seeing the Arctic. There are few tours that go there except in July and even they are very limited.
    Covid shut down my trip to the Yukon and Alaska.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yppej
    Greg44 volunteering is on my list also. I tried when unemployed but the nonprofits wanted strict schedules to be followed and it interfered with my interviewing. So I hope to do that when I retire.

I have done a fair amount of volunteer work since retirement and am currently volunteering on our HOA board.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg44 View Post
    1. Soaking up the sun on a white sandy beach with aqua colored water like in the travel brochures.
    2. Running another 1/2 Marathon, maybe a full marathon.
    3. Visit United Kingdom - I have been there by dw hasn't been and it would be fun to go back.
    4. 100 mile Cycling trip.
    5. See the Redwoods (I live in the Pacific Northwest, but have never seen them).
    6. Have time to volunteer for some worth while charity (or two).
    For #4 the STP is going to be held this year. July 16th- 17th. Where I live is the halfway point.

Seeing FLW Falling Water, The Spiral Jetty and Stiltsville are on the top of my list.

While I love traveling and know that actually visiting the sites is so rich in experience, zoom or virtual tours help reduce my bucket list. EG - I went on a 3 week south-west US bus tour and saw things like the desert, the Grand Canyon etc., that I would never want to miss the actual 'being there'. Egypt, Israel, European sites, BC and Newfoundland are so unbelievably unique, others not so much

I am finding that other places can be successfully toured virtually at my leisure without the disruption of planning and physically getting there, crowds, lining up everywhere and waiting your timed access and then coming back to catch up on the neglected responsibilities at home.

So, my bucket list has reduced in size. Machu Picchu, Panama, African safaris and others have been removed for this reason
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

That is one of the great benefits of the internet, razz. For me, however, seeing these places online seems to make me want to be there irl even more.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information