- "an Alternative Shopping Experience." This is being held at my church on December 16th, and I was asked if I'd like to have a table, so I said Yes.

Now, in years past, I've always made lots of Christmas ornaments, painted ceramic, painted wood, folded paper, fabric, and everybody loved them! But I haven't made anything in the last 5 years. I dug around in my stuff to see what I might have - not much- then made a short list of things to make, dug out fabric, ribbon, glues, papers, and tools. I also made a short list of things to purchase at Michaels tomorrow... but the more I think about it, the less I want to buy anything more, but concentrate on using the things I have, which means most items will be from my fabric stash.

Since the sale is so close to Christmas, I am going to make some placemats and mug rugs that are not specifically Christmas/holiday colors. I also have a pattern for a Jewelry Travel Pouch that I have not made; think I will make 3 or 4 of those, including one for myself. I have a table runner pattern that is pieced and very pretty, maybe make a couple of those.

For months I have been saying I would sew this winter. Now it's winter, and I'm not really embracing it, though I will follow through and see what comes of it.

I see I have a mess of craft stuff. What does it say about me that I would rather declutter and organize than create? Yikes!