Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How To Deal With An Extremely Disorganized Significant Other

Holidays are stressful even without grieving. Important to understand that is what you are feeling, allow yourself to feel it and grieve, and let others help as much as you are able.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    I had to laugh last night ~ like father, like son. I was dropping off SO's son in Albuquerque (he had been visiting his dad over the weekend) and *almost* ended up with a really nice work of art he purchased over the weekend and left on the floor of the back seat of my car as we were leaving for the airport. The only reason I even saw it in the dark parking lot was that I was getting my empty water jugs out of the car to go to the grocery store.

I think right now I am just so super-sensitive to everything. It has been five months since my daughter died and I seem to be moving into yet another type of grieving hell (probably holiday-oriented). So immensely sad and over-sensitive the last few days.
    Aw, sweetie, do what you have to do to get through this. And now may not be the time to clean your SO’s house if you find that idea exhausting. It is too bad that he doesn’t have a neat, orderly place for you to visit, and that may be adding to your holiday stress.

My friend lost her 19yo daughter to a rare liver disease 7 years ago. Holidays and her birthday are hard as well as the day she died. It took another friend 20 years before she could talk about her son without crying. Be good to yourself and don’t expect to much. Surround yourself with people who care. My friend and I reminisce about Hannah frequently and talk about the good times.

My BF cleaned his apartment this past weekend! He even swept and washed the floors, AND emptied the bathroom trash can. It seems only when the mice start to take over because of all the dropped crumbs and goodies that get left behind from his messy cooking that it finally spurs him into taking action. The other day he found what used to be a perfectly good pair of his underwear had a bunch of holes chewed through them - out comes the mouse traps and some cleaning commences.

Yikes! I can’t relate.

I guess we all have our limits!

Thread Information