Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dinner menu?

But I cant make minestrone or tomato soup! I wanted to highlight pur leeks.Hmmm, maybe I will rethink this aspect since several are suggesting potatoe whole, not in a soup.

Sounds great! (But I have to admit, I'd be looking for a wee bit of mashed potatoes and gravy. It's just what I associate with meatloaf--your menu is fine without it.)
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I think it sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Is that because you are vegetarian? Our friend are not. She is allergic to garlic, but not to onions or leek.
    I'm not a vegetarian, but I've never liked meatloaf, and I have an aversion to the allium family (in my food, not in gardens or bouquets). So it's really just a matter of personal preference. My DH would like your menu and often orders meatloaf at restaurants. He won't make stuff I won't eat for some reason, and he loves meatloaf.

I've had a sauteed bacon/leek/cherry tomato dish that is simply yummy!

I like leekd, and find their flavor to be very nice. I do like the soup idea you started with, but agree that expectations being what they are, people will look for mashed and gravy when served meatloaf.

Meatloaf is one of my favorites at home but I find it nasty at most restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I'm not a vegetarian, but I've never liked meatloaf, and I have an aversion to the allium family (in my food, not in gardens or bouquets). So it's really just a matter of personal preference. My DH would like your menu and often orders meatloaf at restaurants. He won't make stuff I won't eat for some reason, and he loves meatloaf.
    aw, too bad about your aversion. I love all aspects of alliums. I grow 5 ornamentals and DH grows 3 kinds, purposely, and then there is the folunteer chives that sprout up all over.

I find it odd that my friend coming to ight is allergic to garlic but is ok with leek and onions.

Woke up too early I guess. I read the title of this thread as Donner Menu, as in Donner pass.

I just made baked potato chowder yesterday. Have some leftovers with me today. So yummy.
    I think your menu is good. Meatloaf is one of the things most requested at my house. I always reply with "are you sure?" Apparently I make a pretty good one. I've never liked it myself but I think I grew up on mushy meatloaf.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Sounds good to me, but the meat loaf feels lonely. Could you add a few roast potatoes and keep the leek soup?

Thread Information