Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Trump a Public Servant?

Yppej

Is Trump a Public Servant?

He works in the public sector.

According to his self-assessment he is doing a great job for the American people.

If you read his job description from his duties you would conclude he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    He works in the public sector.

According to his self-assessment he is doing a great job for the American people.

If you read his job description from his duties you would conclude he is.
    He is the lawfully elected president of the US of A. So yeah, he is a public servant.

He's a pretty good self servant who, technically, is also a public servant.
    "Back when I was a young boy all my aunts and uncles would poke me in the ribs at weddings saying your next! Your next! They stopped doing all that crap when I started doing it to them... at funerals!"

Is not a public servant by definition anyone employed by the government?

oP, what is the purpose of your question?

I see it as an invitation for the usual suspects to huffily reject the idea of Trump serving in any capacity. This gives an opportunity for them to self righteously put the words “public servant” and “serving” in quotes along with any disparaging idea they wish to couple with the Trump name.

And that is all fine, it is a free country and this website allows this sort of speech.

Maybe the OP is concerned about his student loans.

Yppej clearly has an ax to grind with someone on this forum who is also a "public servant."

America is to Rob as UL is to Yppej. haha

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Maybe the OP is concerned about his student loans.

Yppej
    IL the point is to get people thinking about the definition of public service. I am all for calling the firefighters battling blazes public servants for instance, but I think the term is too loosely applied. Some public sector employees are embroiled in scandals, or otherwise seem self-serving. And it seems the best servants are too humble to call attention to their altruism by proclaiming themselves servants.

Some scandals in my state are fake overtime, nepotic hiring of unqualified people, fake workers comp, using the public position of a family member to sexually harass others, protecting family members from drunk driving charges, and kickbacks for government contracts. The national issues I am sure everyone is aware of.

So I am suspicious of Trump or anyone else who sanctimoniously claims to be a public servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    IL the point is to get people thinking about the definition of public service. I am all for calling the firefighters battling blazes public servants for instance, but I think the term is too loosely applied. Some public sector employees are embroiled in scandals, or otherwise seem self-serving. And it seems the best servants are too humble to call attention to their altruism by proclaiming themselves servants.

Some scandals in my state are fake overtime, nepotic hiring of unqualified people, fake workers comp, using the public position of a family member to sexually harass others, protecting family members from drunk driving charges, and kickbacks for government contracts. The national issues I am sure everyone is aware of.

So I am suspicious of Trump or anyone else who sanctimoniously claims to be a public servant.
    What I find interesting is how gutless some people are.

Thread Information