Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Trump a Public Servant?

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Maybe the OP is concerned about his student loans.
    While a student at Wharton Trump worked in the family business. I doubt he took out student loans. He is also only taking $1 per year in salary as president. So again, Trump would have grounds for thinking he is a public servant since he draws no pay.

Yppej:

What do you think qualifies a person to say they are a public servant? Explain your position on this issue.

Or you could say something like: "Oh, I just brought this up for discussion. I don't have an opinion yet."

I think it is funny -- like literally, it makes me laugh -- to know that one particular low-level public servant bothers you so much. haha

Self-serving for sure. Public servant by nature of the role he currently holds.

Public servant...not a public servant...it's a matter of semantics.

What's important is that he's not fit to serve.

OH, so true!

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    While a student at Wharton Trump worked in the family business. I doubt he took out student loans. He is also only taking $1 per year in salary as president. So again, Trump would have grounds for thinking he is a public servant since he draws no pay.
    True, although he is undoubtedly making more than any past president just on renting golf carts to the secret service and such. And no, when you have a silver spoon as massive as his in your mouth it's probably not necessary to take out student loans. Not to mention that college was waaaaaaaaay cheaper back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post

OMG, really? He is making a bloody F***ing fortune off being President.

They all make a fortune off it, Obama retired a billionaire, though Trump is probably particularly corrupt.

Student loans, man who even heard of student loans back when, who even knew you could pay for college that way back in the day, I didn't. Not that Trump would need to know.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    They all make a fortune off it, Obama retired a billionaire, though Trump is probably particularly corrupt.
    Obama isn’t a billionaire. If he’s worth more than fifty million, I’d be very surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I think it is funny -- like literally, it makes me laugh -- to know that one particular low-level public servant bothers you so much. haha
    Maybe it’s the pension. That seems to rankle some people.

Thread Information