Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: December Frugals

Sold an used pair of diving fins online for $90 (incl shipping). Also posted a wetsuit I’m no longer using since I got drysuit.

Speaking of flannel sheets, my mother gave me a set about five years ago. DH hates them (too hot), so they sat in the cupboard. Finally, I cut one up and turned it into a boatload of pee cloths! Now, said cloths are getting frayed. I've been wanting to hem them, but don't want to sew them all by hand--and I don't want to buy a new flannel sheet.

I'd been checking my Offer Up app for weeks, and yesterday, I finally saw a very new Singer Simple sewing machine, only used three times, for $20. When I contacted the seller, she said, "oh, don't worry about money, I just want it gone!" YES MA'AM, I'll be right over!

Yppej
    I stopped at Dollar Tree since my reading glasses broke, got 3 pairs of reading glasses, 3 pairs of sunglasses, 3 sets of 3 paintbrushes, and 1 item for my son. $1 is my kind of price. CVS sells the reading glasses for $15 per pair.

Our Christmas family this year are horse riding rodeo folks. I wanted to get each of the 3 kids 2 western shirts. I hit the local farm store. 6 items for right at $100. I'm thrilled and the kids will love them as it's their kind of clothing. That's significant price reductions for western wear. Me happy

The family's gifts are wrapped, labeled and ready for (in state) shipping on Monday.

Yppej
    Used my birthday coupon from Bob's to get a pair of black flats that will go with many things for $13.00. I do not like to buy shoes used.

Happy Birthday, Yppej!
    I know some of you have been doing this forever, but I am making stock in the Crockpot with a chicken carcass from chicken dinner the other night, and I am so EXCITED - I feel like a freaking ALCHEMIST! This is only my second time, so please excuse my excitement!

I am staying home and not going Boxing Day shopping. I need nothing so staying out of temptation as a really good price for something might be hard to resist.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Happy Birthday, Yppej!
    I know some of you have been doing this forever, but I am making stock in the Crockpot with a chicken carcass from chicken dinner the other night, and I am so EXCITED - I feel like a freaking ALCHEMIST! This is only my second time, so please excuse my excitement!
    Homemade stock/bone broth is wonderful--hearty and health-giving.
    I haven't made any lately (I use my Instant Pot), but I need to get busy on that, kombucha, and maybe homemade (L. reuteri) yogurt).

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Happy Birthday, Yppej!
    Oh, yeah. Homemade bone stock in the crockpot? Priceless!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yppej
    I am on track with my monthly budget so far. But this weekend my son is taking me to Ikea for Christmas and I do not want him to spend too much, so I may buy some thing(s) myself. I have never been there so do not know how much of a temptation it and its cafe will be.

Thread Information