Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: December Purge

Yppej

December Purge

22 duplicate documents from the legal case. I have not heard on my appeal to the Board of Bar Overseers so I am holding onto one of everything.

Kind of an annual purge: I buy simple and inexpensive toys and deeply discounted children's clothing during the year. Then at Xmas, I donate these to our local congressman who distributes them at a holiday party in a poor neighborhood. So I've got 2 boxes ready to be dropped off at his office.
    Clears out my closet for now.

Cool idea, Lainey!

What a great idea Lainey! I am purging tablecloths and cloth napkins because I have way to many. Just keeping my favorites. Also gave away a mixer that I haven’t used in 20 years. Gave up baking when the kids grew up.

Eighteen 2oz bottles of dried up paints. There may be more, salvaged six so far. 12 to go.

Yppej
    Five more duplicate legal documents.

2 more quilts finished and donated at charity group yesterday. A 3rd completed top w/binding left at the shop to be finished up for our recently received grant program.

DH and I accomplished a lot in the basement today! Definitely a case where 2 heads are better than 1. Sometimes something has been sitting in the same place for so long that you don't even see it, does that ever happen to you? And someone else questioning it makes you realize you are storing a large empty cardboard box on a shelf, to give you one example. We have 3 bags going out in the trash, including most of the wine cork collection, and some baskets, an old suitcase and some small miscellaneous items to be donated. The recycling bin also runneth over.
    I also sold 2 more items on eBay (an ornament and a Harp Lager dishtowel).
    Good job on the quilts, Gardnr. That represents some significant effort.

I have 3 more bags of stuff for the thrift store.

I am decorating my 5 foot tree this evening, sorting out the decorations that I am using and finding many to give to the thrift store as well as Christmas theme hand towels I have collected over the years. This will be added to the other outdoor items mound that has formed.
    Do you find that you have a pile for the thrift, another for the Habitat for Humanity and another for recycling, each taking up room? Eventually one needs to clear away the piles so that will be this week's project.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information