Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: December Purge

As soon as I have a few bags of stuff I drop it off. Back when I had a ton of stuff I would fill my entire car. But those days are gone with all the decluttering.

If I just have a little bit of stuff, I keep it in a small box in the cellar until the box is full. When I have a lot (like now), I put it in my front porch/foyer. I cannot stand this clutter in my small house for long, so it goes out the door pretty quickly!
    We are fortunate to have weekly curbside recycling pickup, so the recycling bin has a designated spot in the cellar. There is also a fabric recycling bin just down the street a bit, on my way to the library, so that is very convenient.

Kids, I am kicking butt recently!

Last month I cleaned out 4 bags of clothing, each a 30 gallon bag, some full to the top.

yesterday I asked DH to bring down from our attic fabric, crafts, and soft stuff I havent seen in years. In that purge I tossed another 5 bags, each bag holding 30 gallons.

And then he brought down 3 boxes of Bulldog Club stuff. Argh! I had forgotten about that. One large box was easy to pitch, it was full of AKC publications dating from 20 years ago. But the other stuff required fiddly attention: Two boxes of historical materials of the club, including newsletters that go back to 1959. Someone had asked me to organize this materials decades ago but to “not throw anything away.” Well, in order to organize it, ephemeral and duplicate material must be tossed.

This morning, I made a logically organized collection of club archives from the mess. The club may or may not want this material, I dont care, but I WILL be dropping it off at the President’s house. Our bulldog club is one of the oldest in the country, so our archives have some interest.

Yppej
    Impressive IL!

Yppej
    My appeal complaining about my attorney was rejected by the Bar of Board Overseers so I tossed most of my remaining legal files, keeping just a few that may be of use to my filing of IRS Form 211. These shysters were stupid enough to tell me they don't pay income taxes and if the IRS investigates them based on my complaint and recovers taxes from them I could get a portion of the money. It's a long shot but I figured I have nothing to lose.

I've started my NJ purge! went through two drawers in my living room desk and got rid of a paper grocery bag full of stuff. I had about 15 maps--at least 6 of them Vermont maps. I also threw out a county atlas. Who uses maps these days? Threw out a ton of old greeting cards I've been keeping "just in case."

Just a tip of the iceberg, but it's a start!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yppej
    I love looking at maps and being an armchair traveler.

Deleted 20 email chains pertaining to the law case the shysters handled. Also two special dishtowels with buttons to hang over the oven door that hit the floor whenever I opened the door.

I took 12 hand-me-downs from my daughter to a friend's daughter and took another 5 items to Goodwill. Baby steps.

Getting rid of a monitor and an old printer. Bag of fabric, two metal tins, and giant basket going to Goodwill.

I got rid of a broken wooden tray that was maybe going to be a future crafts project, but not any more. Culled 3 more pieces of clothing, so DH and I are down 69 garments between us since the beginning of the year!

Thread Information