Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Day in the Life of a Minimalist

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Hi Terry,

I thought the millenial remark was rude. If you want to watch it, this might work better for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=tG2GJZcBKOE
    I was just teasin'!

Yeah, that's the defense about racist remarks, too, I was just kidding, where's your sense of humor, etc. Ageism is ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Yeah, that's the defense about racist remarks, too, I was just kidding, where's your sense of humor, etc. Ageism is ugly.
    Maybe if you worked as hard at not being offended as you do at being offended you might have a little more fun.

Thanks Tybee! I actually laughed. When we got our first VCR at age 30 I couldn’t operate it so got one of my kids to teach me.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Thanks Tybee! I actually laughed. When we got our first VCR at age 30 I couldn’t operate it so got one of my kids to teach me.
    The young folks at my work are utterly flabbergasted when they find out I don't have cell phone. I tell them: "Back in my day we had to walk three miles uphill both ways in the snow to use a pay phone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Maybe if you worked as hard at not being offended as you do at being offended you might have a little more fun.
    OK, folks, name that tune....

I have to admit I frequently turn to my 12 year old for tech support. Especially with phones. I don’t view it as ageist so much as practical. She’s clever, has a lot more free time than me, and conducts a lot of her school and personal business electronically. Thinking back on my collections of comic books, interesting rocks and model rockets at that age, she’s something of a minimalist by comparison. Much more of her clutter is accessed through iPhone, Chromebook and Kindle.

Williamsmith
    I was thinking how a simple thing like being required to work three shifts......would really screw up his intentional minimalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I was thinking how a simple thing like being required to work three shifts......would really screw up his intentional minimalism.
    It would. And although he didnt mention that specifically he did admit that being able to work from home helped. My life would certainly be simpler if i didnt have to deal with the inconsistencies of SF’s transit system every day.

His form of minimalism would not work for everyone. He lives a charmed life, and he is quite aware of it.

Thread Information