Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A Day in the Life of a Minimalist

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Dmc, I find that amazon stops sending you things if you stop sending them money.
    Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I look at minimalism as a personal choice. As long as it is a choice that makes you feel better without interfering with someone else’s freedom ..... and I feel the same about clutter.

In short, this minimalist joke sums up my understanding of an obvious misapplication of minimalism.

”Two Irishmen walk past a bar.”
    Haha! Definitely misapplied--but if they did walk in, they'd walk in with nothing on them and they'd walk out with nothing on them, except a buzz--does a buzz count as a possession? If it does, they'd probably have fewer bills in their wallet, so does that count as a net minimalist gain?

When it comes to limiting possessions, Peace Pilgrim has to be the winner. She had her tunic and sneakers, a comb and note paper, pen and stamp. I think it would be difficult to beat that.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I look at minimalism as a personal choice. As long as it is a choice that makes you feel better without interfering with someone else’s freedom ..... and I feel the same about clutter.
    Which really becomes an issue in a household/relationship where one is striving for minimalism and the other is not. Compromise, yes. But it's really, really hard when one party sends out 3 items for each bought in and the other party brings in 3 item for each sent out.
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Anon.

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Which really becomes an issue in a household/relationship where one is striving for minimalism and the other is not. Compromise, yes. But it's really, really hard when one party sends out 3 items for each bought in and the other party brings in 3 item for each sent out.
    Do you all practice "zoning?"