Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A Day in the Life of a Minimalist

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Dmc, I find that amazon stops sending you things if you stop sending them money.
    Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I look at minimalism as a personal choice. As long as it is a choice that makes you feel better without interfering with someone else’s freedom ..... and I feel the same about clutter.

In short, this minimalist joke sums up my understanding of an obvious misapplication of minimalism.

”Two Irishmen walk past a bar.”
    Haha! Definitely misapplied--but if they did walk in, they'd walk in with nothing on them and they'd walk out with nothing on them, except a buzz--does a buzz count as a possession? If it does, they'd probably have fewer bills in their wallet, so does that count as a net minimalist gain?

When it comes to limiting possessions, Peace Pilgrim has to be the winner. She had her tunic and sneakers, a comb and note paper, pen and stamp. I think it would be difficult to beat that.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I look at minimalism as a personal choice. As long as it is a choice that makes you feel better without interfering with someone else’s freedom ..... and I feel the same about clutter.
    Which really becomes an issue in a household/relationship where one is striving for minimalism and the other is not. Compromise, yes. But it's really, really hard when one party sends out 3 items for each bought in and the other party brings in 3 item for each sent out.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Which really becomes an issue in a household/relationship where one is striving for minimalism and the other is not. Compromise, yes. But it's really, really hard when one party sends out 3 items for each bought in and the other party brings in 3 item for each sent out.
    Do you all practice "zoning?"

Super funny in the beginning! People often don't think I'm a minimalist because my house isn't white and I wear different color clothes. Funny the ideas we have, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Do you all practice "zoning?"
    I'm not sure what "zoning" is. If you mean do we each have our "personal space", yes. And the family areas usually fall under my domain for maintenance so I feel free to declutter as I see necessary. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information