Thread: The thing even I don't like to declutter.

The thing even I don't like to declutter.

It is the 12th month of the year. I need to declutter my files folder.

This is really the one thing I DO NOT find any amusement in decluttering.

Most everything else can be somewhat fun or somewhat interesting to declutter or right-size or tidy up.

But man... that dang files folder.

I do my files every January, and I agree that it's one of the least fun things to declutter, but I feel so good when it's done!

I agree, i have very minimal paper and i dont like to look at it. One year i filed taxes late because i didnt want to look at paper ( not a major issue if you get a refund and get it done)

i just did emails, so many things that I was sure i unsubscribed from. Some i like but fall behind on. I went from 300 untead to all caught up!

I'm actually looking forward to doing files in January! I have a ton of paper I can now let go of, at least one whole bankers box full. I'm also passing on the Secretary working files for the board I'm on in January, so all that goes out of my little office.YAY!

Just yesterday i shredded 8 years of paystubs. Maybe sometime this month i’ll go through my banker box and see what else can get shredded.

I do paper every year and digital clutter as it arrives.

I am working on digital clutter right now. Will do the paper files before December is over. Not fun but a good way to feel like I got something done when it's cold and snowy outside.

Several years ago I came across a list from Susie Orman(sp) on the papers/documents one should keep and for how long. One of them was that you should only need the last three months of any bill statements. I save the paper copies I get and just rotate the newest in and the oldest to the shredder once a month at bill paying time. It's really cut down on my files, etc.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information