Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Financial Update - December 2018 & June 2019

Forum Financial Update - December 2018 & June 2019

It's December again and time to pay for another 6 months of forum hosting, plus DNS management services and domain name.
    Our current community balance is $225.05

Today I'm paying our December through June hosting expense of $188.73 and our annual domain name fee of $19.17.
    I'm still awaiting an invoice for our annual DNS management fee of $15.00 which I usually receive in mid December.

Once these expenses are paid we will have $2.15 remaining in the community donation pool with no other expenses anticipated until June, 2019.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Do you prefer that people donate now or wait until closer to the bill date ? Either way works for me.

Rather than start another thread I'll just report on this one after changing the thread title for accuracy.

Our next 6 month hosting fee of $188.73 came due on June 1st and was paid at that time. The community donation balance is now at $48.31 with no other expenses anticipated until December 1st.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thanks, Alan.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thank you, Alan. I appreciate all you do to keep this train running.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Thank you, Alan. I appreciate all you do to keep this train running.
    Ditto. Thank You, Alan. Rob

Thanks Alan)

Is there an explanation for this somewhere? I don't mind donating to keep a website active that I like, but I'd like a bit more info?

TIA -
    New Gig

Quote Originally Posted by NewGig View Post
    Is there an explanation for this somewhere? I don't mind donating to keep a website active that I like, but I'd like a bit more info?

TIA -
    New Gig
    Unlike other sites, we do not accept advertising or sponsorships for promoting ideas or products, nor do we sell books or knick knacks in order to meet expenses. We are a community wholly owned and operated by its members and volunteers, some of whom donate monies to cover approximately $400 per year in web hosting and domain management fees. As the person entrusted with those funds, I try to keep everyone updated as to when and how their donations are spent.

And there is a "donate" button in the upper left-hand corner.

Thread Information