Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sardines?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sardines?

When I was a kid I ate a tin of sardines a week. I was the only one in the family who really liked them. And still today, I enjoy a tin every week or so.

My favorite brand is King Oscar's Mediterranean Style. It has Extra Virgin Olive Oil and herbs and spices. Very good!

Anyone else a sardine fan? Do you eat them like I do, on a day when you will not have to socialize with anyone? LOL

Once a sardine snuck over to my side of a pizza and I was not a fan. Have never tried again. My dad eats them with saltines and butter after working in the woods a few hours cutting wood. I think he needs the sodium replaced in his body and they pack a punch of protein, calcium, vit D.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Once a sardine snuck over to my side of a pizza and I was not a fan. Have never tried again. My dad eats them with saltines and butter after working in the woods a few hours cutting wood. I think he needs the sodium replaced in his body and they pack a punch of protein, calcium, vit D.
    Sardine on pizza?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Sardine on pizza?
    bcce2df36f9889f01b2cf44f194a53e6.jpg
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Mind. Blown!

Did you make that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Mind. Blown!

Did you make that?
    No. I got that image off google. I make really yummy pizzas but none of them include sardines or anchovies. I do put shrimp on pizza and once made a shrimp, scallop, lobster pizza that was divine.

One of my few memories of my father was his eating sardines with crackers in front of the TV every night. I keep trying to like sardines because they're so good for people like me, with osteopenia. But the can always sits on the shelf until I try one and wind up throwing the rest out.

I do LOVE anchovies, however. I cut them up and put them in my salads all the time. You can get them at Costco really cheap.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Another vote for anchovies, though I mostly just sneak a couple into salad dressings. They, and sardines, are wonderfully nutritious, but I'm not fond of fish--so I guess I can be smug about not contributing to the overfishing of our oceans.

I usually just eat the tin of sardines by itself. I open it, fork one out for Harlan, and then plop them on a plate if I am feeling fancy. If not, I just eat them out of the tin.

Take a couple anchovies and dissolve them in butter or olive oil. Then fry your scrambled eggs in there.

Thread Information