Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ate bad food

Ate bad food

Last night I made quesadillas with black beans, today I felt kinda crappy. With my medication that sometimes happens but I rather wanted to take a sick day. I was okay overall. Then i got home and opened the container of black beans and they were quite spoiled. Gross, it may be a long time before I eat black beans again.

At least this means i might not have chronic medication side effects, I actually was just sick.

I get to go to bed early tonight at least,

Because my sense of smell is bad because my allergies are horrible. So once I used spoiled milk in my coffee. I had the nastiest stomachache, gas and eventually diarrhea. Then I had someone sniff the milk for me. Ugh!

I think I may be reacting to something in this house because my eyes are runny and i am sniffly all the time. So my sense of smell is not the greatest. I just threw away any food not cooked in the last 24 hours.

Better safe than sorry.

You might want to start labeling and dating every leftover that goes in the refrigerator. Commercial businesses do this as a requirement. Be conservative in throwing out. Also ensure fridge is keeping things at the proper temp.

I ate something from a hot food bar that wasn't kept properly hot and suffered for two days. This was Thanksgiving Wednesday, way to ruin a four day weekend!

I have also had a sketchy fridge - get a thermometer and watch the temps.

I was raised to not keep leftovers more than 3 days so I make sure we eat it or freeze it.

Oddly, I don't think I've ever experienced food poisoning, and I regularly leave big vats (too big for the refrigerator) out overnight, eat things past their pull date, leave leftovers for several days, etc.

And Jane, I'm the opposite. If someone will react, it's me! System is very sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by lmerullo View Post
    And Jane, I'm the opposite. If someone will react, it's me! System is very sensitive.
    That's likely protective. I'll probably die of ptomaine eating thawed mastodon meat.

Thread Information