Thread: Christmas puzzle

Christmas puzzle

Cathy, I thought of you, when I bought a Christmas puzzle to put together. Unfortunately, the thing has turned out to be gigantic and has taken over the entire dining room table. I brought in a little table from the shed to work on it but it was too uncomfortable and now I see it never would have fit, anyway. At first we had it on half the table but it has now taken over the whole thing.

The weirdest thing is that my husband has now gotten hooked on it and is sitting there working on it for a long time each day. We both used to do them as children with our families, so it has prompted lots of discussion about family styles and cooperation.

It's a great puzzle but I don't think we will have our table back until we finish. So we are thinking about a new tradition--start a puzzle first day of Advent and finish it before Christmas Eve so we can have the table back.

I now realize why I don't start a lot of projects--there is no where to do them in this house that does not disrupt normal living. It is a very small house.

We started a new tradition in my family recently - my new dil loves puzzles, and my mom now buys us a puzzle every year and sends it for my family to work on together when dil and ds are here. It has helped me get to know dil better, because she is fairly quiet, but she talks more when she is puzzle-ing.

Sounds like fun idea.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I have never been able to do puzzles. My brain doesn’t get it.

I am hoping to get my computer room cleaned and straightened up today so that I can bring my puzzle table and first jigsaw of the holidays out. I'm very excited, but need to get the rest of my to-do list finished first. Once I get the puzzle out, everything else falls to the wayside. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I recently took a friend to her appointment at the Mayo Clinic. They had beautiful waiting areas with huge windows so lots of natural light. They also had several large round tables with puzzles out, and I saw 3 different tables with 1-2 people working on them. Great distraction for patients and family and friends.

We are definitely finding that it slows us down and is leading to long, calm conversations, which is nice.

Thread Information