We have had a week and a half of summer camp, 3 field trips, 2 on site visits, and I am tired!!

I am also getting irritated and committed to doing something different this time. I have a colleague who was just hired to be at the neighboring school and we are working together over summer. Then we have a supervisor who is working with us and training her. So fun time, she is going to be with us ALL SUMMER. I do like her and it is good to have another person with us, but I am balking at the all summer supervision. It has meant that I was able to get everything ready for camp, a huge load, and I don't have to work all the time, and there are irritations.

The culture of this department is better than my old one but definitely different. There are very clear and explicit directions on everything, but the people giving those directions are capable and competent so it works. It is part of this culture that you get walked through everything, including how to make phone calls or what time of day to do which task. For example I have a new assistant that was just hired and I was told to call her that day, to have her schedule follow mine, to say specific things, etc. I did say at the end of the instructions that I knew some things were different however I had assistants before so I felt confident. It is all very good hearted and part of the culture rather than personal towards me.

But here is where I got bugged this last week. I have a folder for my p-card paperwork, they set it up for me with very specific sections for everything. That is great and I use it that way. However I also keep more copies of past receipts and statements. The supervisor with us for summer needed something out of there and saw I had extra papers so told me I didn't need them and put them in the shred bin. I found myself getting really anxious, after 8 years of scrutiny and mistrust I wanted to keep them. I also felt like I should have that choice in my own file. There have been a few things that have felt like a boundary push to me, and I am uncomfortable.

I think I can handle this with just understanding that everything is shared and homogenous across all the sites, and then making a small part of a filing drawer to keep the things that make me anxious to get rid of or anything rather messy.